Check to see if there is an old water filter under the sink, Somtimes,if they are left to sit for a time,the water in it can become rancid. (something is growing in the tank)If so remove or replace the unit. Or if your water comes from a well perhaps the rest of the house water is filtered and the one faucet is not, When it should be, in that case perhaps installing a filter on it would help.
Hi, I am having a similar issue in my house. I have sulfur smells in one toilet and one sink's water supply. I am also on city water, but I do live in a 100 year old house.
It is probably sewer gas or something coming up from the drain.
Short answer? You can't. One sulfur has found it's way into a water supply, the smell doesn't go away. There's no way to remove it. In Texas, when we first moved into the house and thereafter, whenever we were gone for several weeks, the first water out of the faucets was awful. After awhile, the smell was gone. Try getting a water filter.
It would seem to me that if the smell is in one faucet it would be in all faucets. It may be that you are only using the hot water in the kitchen which could be the odor from a water heater. Water heaters can emit an odor which is caused by bacteria and the sacrificial rod in your heater.
the sour smell to water is usually caused by overpurification such as sulfur and other chemicals added at the plant
The magnesium anode rod inside the tank
They are volcanic and there is sulfur in the water or around them. Thus, you get the rotten egg smell.
A water filter system will remove the sulfur smell by reducing the hydrogen sulfide that causes it. There are 4 different types of water filters: distiller, reverse osmosis, backwash and activated carbon water filters.
It has a high sulfur content to it.
The rotten egg smell is sulfur...
What you need an iron/H2S filter, this system would remove Iron, manganese and Sulfur smell, and uses no chemical, any question please don't hesitate to ask
If it is a "rotten egg" sulfur smell it is bacteria. Flush the hot water heater and turn up the heat to between 130 and 140 degrees F.
~Water jet the waste line
Liquid chlorine oxidizes everything in water including sulfur dioxide. Sulfur dioxide has that rotten egg smell
sulfur is a mineral wich can be found in rocks or deposits. You can find it in water to or go to a rock collector store to buy it. If you want the smell of sulfur simply ground up the mineral under another rock because sulfur is extremely fragile.
Look for water leakage. You might have some water damaged wood.
Pour baking soda in the drain.
It is probably a dead shark. I had this problem so i went under my house and found a rotting bees nest. If you have ever been to hanmer springs in new zealand, there are hot springs there which have a strong sulphuric smell. There are also thousands of bees there. While the bees do not cause the smell, they certainly make it worse. Look for any traces of bees under and around your house and spray contaminated area/s with water and sodium bicarbonate, which will neutralise the smell.
I think St Augustine will work
The warm low oxygen atmospheres of wells can promote the growth of sulfur-reducing bacteria. A sulfur smell in tap water indicates a sulfur bacteria contamination in the residential water supply or treatment systems. The actual source of the odor is hydrogen sulfide gas, which is colorless with a foul egg odor. Also known as sewer gas, it is the waste product of sulfur digestion by sulfur-reducing bacteria. This bacteria thrives in oxygen-deficient and warm environments such as hot water heater tanks, water softener systems, wells and underground where groundwater may flow. The presence of hydrogen sulfide gas and sulfur bacteria can cause some mild health hazards and property damage. Treatment of sulfur bacteria contamination is dependent upon determining the source.
a broken pipe.
It may or may not...if there is some acid in the solution, then sulfur is a byproduct of the equation, which will lead to a sulfur smell. However, I don't feel like it would cause the smell, without at least a catalytic amount of acid.
You must have a well, correct? The smell will disappear if you add bleach to the washer loads. Your well water can be treated with filtration, this will eliminate the odor also.
I dont know what you mean about ''Sick", but maybe a spray called Febreze could help because it always helps my house even though my house doesn't smell sick. It just gives it a clean smell. Maybe you might not like the smell because it might be to strong for you or you might be allergic to exotic smells like that, but I actually think you should give it a try. vacuum, and mop bathroom and kitchen with bleach and water. wipe surfaces in bathroom and kitchen with bleach and water. wipe surfaces in other rooms with water and lysol in brown bottle. just a tiny bit of this stuff with water. this will clean the place deep down and the odor will be eliminated not just masked, However, if you don't want to do all of this, burn inscense, it always does the trick.
The smell is probably from residue of soapy dirty water. You could try running the rinse cycle (no clothes) with hot water and bleach or a nice-smelling cleaning solution.