Asked in Judaism
Why don't Muslims accept that they are really Jews?
April 19, 2012 3:48PM
Well, they aren't going to accept it because they aren't! They have different thoughts and beliefs and they have every right to believe what they think is right. :)
If Islam were actually Judaism (which it is not), a number of core Islamic beliefs would be considered Jewish heresies such as:
- Prophesy having occurred after the Destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem
- Claims that the Torah and its interpretations are corrupted
- Mohammed and Jesus are prophets and that Mohammed is the final prophet
- The Concept of Jihad, both as a physical and emotional struggle
- Open Proselytizing
- Praying towards Mecca and revering the Ka'aba over Jerusalem and the Temple Site.
- Rejecting Hebrew as the Holy and Divine Language
- In terms of food: All foods other than pork are permissible in Islam, contrary to Judaism. And alcohol ... permitted in Judaism ... is prohibited in Islam.