Tested: I have tried this on my 1996 Acura Integra LS and it worked for me. I had accidentally pulled the SRS Fuse and did NOT feel like having the dealership reset the SRS.
The instructions below are the combination of several sources found on the Internet.
Supplies Needed: 2 wires OR I would suggest 2 Alligator Clips (Radio Shack).
1) You need to find the MES Connector. On my car it was plugged into the side of the fuse box. It was yellow in color and was a 2 prong connector. The insulating material around the wires of the connector was also yellow. For me, it was easy to find. HOWEVER, I have heard of some people saying that they had a green connector located near the hood release latch. Wherever your connector is located, it is plugged into a "dummy harness." Hence, the prongs are not actually plugged into anything; the "dummy harness" just holds the MES Connector and prevents it from bouncing around.
2) Clip one alligator clip to one of the prongs and the other alligator clip to the other prong. If you're using 2 strands of wire, you won't be clipping, but twisting or shoving the wire onto the respective prongs.
3) Hold the two ends of your wire together, so that they are now connected.
4) Keeping the wires connected, turn the ignition on.
5) The SRS light comes on for about 6 seconds and then goes off. Quickly disconnect the two wires.
6) The SRS light will come on again. Quickly reconnect your wires.
7) The SRS light goes off. Disconnect your wire connection.
8) If you did this correctly, the SRS will blink twice.
9) Turn the ignition off and wait 10 seconds.
10) Turn the ignition on, thus starting your car, and hopefully the SRS light will now be off.
11) Turn your car off, assuming the above instructions worked and your SRS light is off. If not, either retry the instructions and/or verify that nothing else is wrong.
11) Remove your wires, do NT cross them at all or let them touch. Replug the yellow/green connector back into the "dummy harness".
- You only have a 4 second window to connect/disconnect the wires. Example: when the SRS light comes on in Step 6, you have 4 seconds to reconnect the wires. - Make sure you have the right connector and that a module or some other part of the SRS system is not malfunctioning. - It took me 2 tries to get it right. The main thing to remember is that the wires need to be connected when the lights on, disconnected when the light is off.-
Are Danny Devito and Joe Devito related?
How old is Danielle cohn?
40 thousandths equals how many hundredths?
Do mother birds really abandon their chicks if a human touches them?
Are Joe devito and Danny devito related?
Do octopus have nipples?
What is slappy phone number?
What does chongito mean in spanish?
Where is the origin of the Panama hat?
Have you ever crashed a wedding or had your wedding crashed, if so what happened?
How many times did Joe Biden run for president?
What is the world’s oldest soft drink?
How many novels did Charles Dickens write?
What do the colors on America's flag mean?
How did Harry Houdini come up with his stage name?
What is modal fabric?
What does y2m mean in knitting?
What is distinction percentage in ICSE?
BA-28 which is a recommended water-skiing safety practice?
What happened to Simon o'brien's eye?
What is the sequence of the mRNA made from the gene TTACAGGTCCCA?
What is your primary responsibility when other boats are in your area?
What is Alan Hansen doing now?