Tested: I have tried this on my 1996 Acura Integra LS and it worked for me. I had accidentally pulled the SRS Fuse and did NOT feel like having the dealership reset the SRS.
The instructions below are the combination of several sources found on the internet.
Supplies Needed: 2 wires OR I would suggest 2 Alligator Clips (Radio Shack).
1) You need to find the MES Connector. On my car it was plugged into the side of the fuse box. It was yellow in color and was a 2 prong connector. The insulating material around the wires of the connector was also yellow. For me, it was easy to find. HOWEVER, I have heard of some people saying that they had a green connector located near the hood release latch. Wherever your connector is located, it is plugged into a "dummy harness." Hence, the prongs are not actually plugged into anything; the "dummy harness" just holds the MES Connector and prevents it from bouncing around.
2) Clip one alligator clip to one of the prongs and the other alligator clip to the other prong. If you're using 2 strands of wire, you won't be clipping, but twisting or shoving the wire onto the respective prongs.
3) Hold the two ends of your wire together, so that they are now connected.
4) Keeping the wires connected, turn the ignition on.
5) The SRS light comes on for about 6 seconds and then goes off. Quickly disconnect the two wires.
6) The SRS light will come on again. Quickly reconnect your wires.
7) The SRS light goes off. Disconnect your wire connection.
8) If you did this correctly, the SRS will blink twice.
9) Turn the ignition off and wait 10 seconds.
10) Turn the ignition on, thus starting your car, and hopefully the SRS light will now be off.
11) Turn your car off, assuming the above instructions worked and your SRS light is off. If not, either retry the instructions and/or verify that nothing else is wrong.
11) Remove your wires, do NT cross them at all or let them touch. Replug the yellow/green connector back into the "dummy harness".
- You only have a 4 second window to connect/disconnect the wires. Example: when the SRS light comes on in Step 6, you have 4 seconds to reconnect the wires. - Make sure you have the right connector and that a module or some other part of the SRS system is not malfunctioning. - It took me 2 tries to get it right. The main thing to remember is that the wires need to be connected when the lights on, disconnected when the light is off.-
its not a light,reset with your key
change the fuse
why the abs light come on and how rest
My 1997 Honda Civic EX does not over heat when I come to a stop.
Take it to auto zone and have the battery and alternator checked out free.
Yes, they have the Honda H on the headrest.
it is poosible there was a ground wire not connected after installing the valve cover
If a check engine light is appearing when the car starts then the ECU is receiving an alert from somewhere in the engine. The computer should receive a diagnostic test which will provide an answer as to why the check engine light appeared on the 1997 Honda Civic.
a new oxygen sensor might be needed