Best Answer

The only way they will pay for it is if it's medically necessary, and you are old enough. There is certain criteria. I am a 22 year old mother with 2 children. I have Midwest Health Insurance. For those of you who've never heard of this type of insurance, it is from the state. I called Midwest personally today and the woman I spoke with says that as long as you talk to your doctor and the two of you discuss the procedure over and he says thinks you would be a good person to have this procedure done, then the insurance will infact cover the entire thing! If you need the number to Midwest Insurance for any questions that you may have or how to go about getting this insurance the number is 1-888-654-2200. It is really worth it. Now that I know for sure that my insurance does cover it, I'm going for it! Here are a list just in cast anyone wants to know the prices of other Birth Control methods...this is without the help of insurance companies. Some estimated costs of contraception, without insurance coverage: * Ortho-Evra hormone patch: About $38 per month * NuvaRing hormone ring: About $40 per month * Essure sterilization device: $1,300-$2,200 * Mirena intrauterine device: $600-$650 Birth-control pills: $15-$35 per month (depends on the brand name, or if it's the generic brand). Vasectomy :$250 - $400 for males: Maybe 1 person and probably no one out of that group of 100 will cause a woman to become pregnant. (To be more exact, if 1000 men have a vasectomy, between 1 and 2 may cause a woman to become pregnant in the first year.) hey guys i had my tues and was on state ins. at the time it was by choice the only requirement you must have is to be 21 yrs. of age. you have to sign consent for it like 6 mths. before the date. they paid for all of it i am a 22 year old mother of 2 and i have state insurance. I got my tubal done october of last year and the only requirement was i had to be 21 and had to wait for a 30 day waiting period. they paid 100% of the bill I suggest, if your on a state insurance plan you look into them paying it pretty deeply. As I was on Arkansas state insurance (medicaid) and needed the tubal done. I had lots of problems while being pregnant, doctor said it really needed to be done and medicaid would cover it. Well here I am 2yrs later with a big fat butt bill because the state insurance did not cover it!!

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2006-01-31 20:07:13
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +5 pts
Q: Will a State Medical Card pay for a tubal ligation?
Write your answer...

Related Questions

Will a state medical card pay for a tubal reversal?

No, most states will not pay for a tubal reversal with a state issued medical card. You can find out more details by calling the customer service number located on the card.

Will a state medical card pay for tubal reversal in wi?

In the state of Wisconsin a medical card wouldn't pay for a tubal reversal unless a doctor says it is medical necessary. To see if the surgery is medically necessary talk with a doctor and the insurance company.

Will a medical card cover tubal reversal?

It probably will not, but check for sure as some do cover it.

Does a state medical card pay for a circumcision?


Does a state medical card pay for a vasectomy?


How old do you have to be to get your medical card in the state of Colorado?


How many plants can you legally grow with a medical marijuana card?

It depends what state.

Is marijuanna illegal?

Yes it is. unless you live in a state where medical marijuana is legal but to get medical marijuana you need to have a medical marijuana card which you get from a doctor. For MEDICAL PURPOSES ONLY!

Can you get a medical marijuana card in california if you are from out of state?

No, you have to have proof of residency. I know this from personal experience.

Can your house be taken from you in Wa state for unpaid medical or credit card bills?


Can you get a CCW in Michigan if you have a Medical Marijuana card?

From what I know, your medical records are strictly between you and your doctor only. (depending on your state as well)

In the state of Ohio is a spouse responsible for medical bills or credit card debt after the spouse has passed away?

My husband has termial cancer and I was wondering when he passes will I be responible for any credit card debts he has and any of his medical bills? We live in the state of Ohio.

Can you get a medical marijuana card while on tasc in the state of Arizona?

Yes, you may still obtain a Medical Marijuana Card from the ADHS even if you are in TASC. It's completely confidential. The real question is will tasc excuse positive tests for THC with the card.........

Where do you get your medical card forms for truckers?

You will get your medical card from the doctor you go to for the physical.

How do you get a medical marijuana card in Florida?

You cannot get a Medical Marijuana card in Florida.

Can you get my medical marijuana card online?

Can I get medical marijuana card on line and print it out

Can you get a Dot medical card if you have an defibrillator?

No, you can't get a DOT medical card if you have a defibrillator.

Can you get your medical marijuana card at age 16?

can you get your medical marijuana card at 16

Medical marijuana card Washington state?

Yes you can. A law legalizing medical marijuana has been passed in Washington state. Call a doctor and get a recommendation to obtain medical marijuana legally. Here's more info about the process:

Do you need a medical card to drive a commercial vehicle in Texas?

You're required to have a current medical card on your person at all time when you're driving a vehicle which requires a CDL. In any state. That's federal law.

What is a medical marijuana card?

A medical marijuana card is a small ID card that you apply for with your specific county, in most cases, showing that you are a medical marijuana patient. Depending on your state, you'll usually have to go to your county's gov't health office and apply, or they have some places like MMEC where you get a card with the doctor's recommendation letter and everything else when you go in and see the dr.

Can you get a medical marijuana card in Virginia?

Virginia was the first state to pass a medical marijuana law in 1979. However, it only allows doctors to prescribe medical marijuana for patients that have cancer or glaucoma.

In the state of Iowa are you obligate to pay child support if the mother of your child only gets a medical card?

Yep. You owe the support to her instead of the State.

Do you need a dot medical card to operate a farm truck?

That varies by state. You need to give a state so we can accurately cite your state's law on this.

Does a DOT medical card need to be filed with the DMV?

All states are transitioning to that system. If your state already has, it will need to be.