Best Answer

"Will a birth certificate and ID work when flying from Aruba to the US?" The answer to this question will differ depending upon various factors unique to your situation. All of the following information applies only to U.S. citizens. Citizens of other countries must check with the U.S. Consulate in their own home country to determine entry requirements for the United States. This information is crucial to ensure you don't lose your money for the airline ticket, so please read the answer in full. The answer is more complicated than a simple yes or no :) So, assuming the traveler in question is a U.S. citizen: 1. I highly reccommend carrying a passport when traveling abroad. A passport is the most legally valid proof of citizenship and proof of identity, neatly combined within one federally issued document. However, for travel to certain nations, and only valid through 2006 for travel by air or sea, a certified copy or original birth certificate, issued by the State (NOT the hospital - Hospital certificates are NOT legal documents), with a raised seal embossed or produced on certain, legally accepted watermarked paper, and accompanied by a government issued photo ID will provide proof of citizenship and proof of identity. The birth certificate must be considered a LEGAL Document - and not all birth certificates (even if considered legal in the past) are currently legal. If you insist upon travelling to the Caribbean with a birth certificate, I highly recommend that you show your travel agent the document PRIOR to purchasing your tickets. If the airline feels your document is not valid, they will deny your boarding without compensation. They can be fined by the government if they allow you to board without proper documentation and, trust me, they won't make ANY exceptions. Also, keep in mind that while you are traveling, should you decide to take a side-trip (Venezuala is quite close to Aruba), you have Another Country's entry requirements to contend with (ie. Venezuala requires passports of US citizens). 2. The United States is currently in the process of changing passport requirements for all travel outside our borders. On Jan. 8, 2007 a passport will be required to re-enter the U.S. by air or sea regardless of the visited country's requirements. If you plan to re-enter the U.S. on or after Jan. 8th 2007, you must provide a passport. 3. You ask about flying from Aruba to the U.S. and I am answering with the understanding that you will first fly from the U.S. to Aruba. The country of Aruba has requirements of it's own. If you plan to be there longer than 3 months, you must obtain a visa. Upon arrival in Aruba, you must present return or onward airline tickets with a date of less than 3 months in the future. Otherwise, Aruba will deny you entry. Also, when departing Aruba, there is a departure tax you must pay ($20 U.S. the last time I was there) in cash at the airport. 4. I urge you to go to and investigate all of this information yourself. There is a wealth of information there including State Department consular pages for individual nations, entry requirements, fact sheets for travelers, checklists, and links to other pages to learn about customs and FAA requirements. Also, please understand Customs Requirements for U.S. citizens upon re-entry. You will have to pay duty (tax) on items you purchase abroad that exceed certain allowable limits. Again, is your source for information. A well-informed traveller has the best experience abroad. I hope this answer has been helpful. I have been travelling extensively and offering advice to travelers for 20 years. I can't stress enough the need to educate yourself about your destination. Common sense and logic do not seem to apply when governments write the rules and when governments are involved, the only option you have is to comply. I urge you to use a local, well-respected, experienced travel agent at least for your first few journeys. His or her advice is invaluable and usually free to you. Bon Voyage!

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2006-08-28 15:34:11
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


21 cards

What is the smallest country on the African continent

What is the capital of Benin

What is the capital of Togo

What is the capital of Burkina Faso

See all cards
21 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Will a birth certificate and ID work when flying from Aruba to the US?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Will a birth certificate and ID work when flying from Mexico to the US?


Will a birth certificate and social security card work in the place of photo ID for flying?


Will a US birth certificate work when flying?

No. You cannot board a commercial flight, either domestic or international, with only a birth certificate. You must show valid, government-issued photo ID for a domestic flight and a valid passport for an international flight.

If the girl have no id card for court marriage then what will she do?

Birth Certificate will work

How can an adopted person find their birth mother?

Ask your adoptive mother or father to see your birth certificate (if possible) or your adoption certificate. The birth certificate will probably help a little more, but the adoption certificate will work just fine. These documents are KEY in finding your birth mother.Find your birth mother's name. It should be on the certificate.Google her!

What is the legal body piercing age for minors with parental consent in Oklahoma?

14. but you MUST have your birth certificate and your parent present with both your ID's and the names on the ID's must be exact as the ones on the birth certificate. youe do not however have to have your original birth certificate, a copy will work. and all of this applies for tattoos, except you must be 17 not 14.

Who has an unused birth certificate for buildabearville because mine wont work?

nooo one lats unleagal to ask

Is it compulsory for every child to have birth certificate?

Yes,its very important for every child to have a birth certificate.some work places and schools can ignore one without it.

Where in Kenosha Wisconsin can you obtain a work permit?

1418 68th st. bring your ss card. birth certificate and $5.00

Does American need work permit to work in Aruba for only one week?


How many leaders does Aruba have?

Aruba has three (3) leaders.Specifically, Aruba has a monarch, a governor and a prime minister. The monarch lives in the European Kingdom of the Netherlands, of which Aruba is an autonomous but constituent country. The governor and the prime minister live in Aruba and conduct much of their work in the island's capital city, Oranjestad.

If you were born in UK but live in Australia and are going to UK to work and need birth certificate to apply for National Insurance number will a replacement certificate show a legally changed surname?

Your birth certificate reflects your name when you were born. Other certificates (wedding, name change, etc.) would be needed to verify that you are the same person.

People also asked