Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2014-06-10 06:39:50
2014-06-10 06:39:50

Homeowners insurance is coverage for specified property owned by the named insured. It does not cover the property of others.


Related Questions

No. No one is liable for an act of nature. The Homeowners Association's master insurance policy should cover damage to property owned by the association.

Yes. If it is a home and it is owned by someone, then it is covered by homeowners' insurance, regardless of who that someone is.

No. Your homeowners will only cover personal injury if it occurs on the property listed on the policy.

Yes, The Trust would be named as the policy holder.

Damage to or loss to household contents and other personal belongings owned the insured

No, Renters insurance is coverage specific to household property or contents owned by the named insured. It does not cover the property of others and it does not cover automobiles. Neither Renters insurance nor Homeowners insurance will cover damage to an automobile. That's what auto Insurance is for.

Hired auto and non-owned auto liability is a type of auto insurance that covers property damage and bodily damage caused by an automobile that you hire or rent. It can include borrowed vehicles. The insurance typically does not cover physical damage to the auto itself.

you have to pay for the damage since insurance will only briefly cover it

No, Your neighbor has a home insurance policy to cover his owned property. Homeowners insurance is specific to the named insured and the insured's scheduled property. Homeowners Insurance does not cover automobiles or motorcycles at all and does not cover property belonging to third parties except in very narrow circumstances. Personal Property coverage excludes motorized vehicles except lawnmowers, golf carts, off-road ATVs, vehicles for the handicapped. If it is a vehicle intended to be licensed for road use, it is excluded under residential building policies.

The main power line coming from the street is owned and serviced by your local Utility Service. You should call your electric utility provider if it needs maintenance or service.

It likely will, But because the cost of repair is probably lower than your deductible, it would be advisable just to have a repairman fix it.

No, Your Gas Main is owned by the utility company, Just give them a call and they will come repair or replace it for you.

Yes. Homeowners insurance can be used to cover a home owned by a trust. It happens all the time. A number of people put their money into living trusts so their children will not have to pay probate fees. It costs a whole lot less money to pay a lawyer to write a living trust that to represent someone in probate court. (Pay me now or pay me a lot more later. In a car regular oil changes are less expensive than engine overhauls.) Insurance companies are set up for it.

The largest privately owned original album cover art collection is owned by Ernie Cefalu.

The extent of coverage by your homeowners policy will be spelled out in the actual policy document. It's impossible to know what your personal homeowner's policy covers.Find your policy and read it. Then call your insurance company and simply ask if the damage is covered. If they deny your claim and if you think they are wrong, appeal their decision. The policy will tell you what the appeal process is.Consult with an attorney in your area. Interpreting complex policies is not always easy or straight-forward.Even if you don't have coverage through your homeowner's policy, you do have a claim against your neighbor -- and hopefully his policy will cover the damage. In fact, this is your starting point.One additional point to be aware of...If the break actually occurred in the main as owned or controlled by a water distract, the county, city, &c. that supplies your neighbor, as opposed to your neighbor's plumbing, your insurance may not be a factor, as most water damage from lines owned by the community must be addressed by the water utility. Check and make sure if you're really dealing with your neighbor's plumbing or a public main.

There are exceptions to this but normally the car rental firms insurance covers the the car, if in doubt always get CDW when renting a car (Collision Damage Waver) if you have OPCF 27 on your car insurance then your insurance will cover the rental car, its called the Laibility for damage to non-owned automobiles. you must have collision and comprehensive for this coverage to work.

No--unless it is required by the HOA bylaws or CC&Rs. However, having liability insurance is advisable for a homeowners' association because of the expense and burden of lawsuits in today's world.

If this is a Jonesboro, Georgia address, you can find the answer you want in the local land-use office.

You'll have to file a claim on your own Auto Insurance. Homeowners Insurance does not provide coverage for vehicles owned or non-owned and nobody is liable for an act of nature.

If the contractor owned up to doing anything wrong they would lose there license very fast verses using the courts or state board to take it , what protection does a homeowner have when "we the people" hire some jackleg who is running around with a good con on how great he and his work is. The question I think is does our homeowners policy cover the damage done by a jackleg who did bad work. This is more and more becoming a huge issue in an america that no longer tests class A contractors for there knowledge of how to do the work. Instead they test for business skills and taxes and employees verses testing for what knowledge they have of actually doing something without your home falling down.

Aetna dental and Met Life dental are not owned by the same company. They are owned by separate organizations and cover different things.

read your policy. policies differ.

Perfectly Owned. Means you took no damage during the kill.

Liability insurance does not cover the property value of the rented equipment, but your liability insurance may cover damages resulting from claims of the use of the equipment. Example, you rent a forklift and accidently crash it into a truck you are loading. The truck owner sues you. The liability policy would probably cover the damage to the truck or any injuries caused during the accident, but would for sure not cover the damage to the forklift. Here are several opinions from FAQ Farmers: * Commercial General Liability insurance cannot cover equipment rental in the case where the insured has rented equipment. The 'exclusion j' under the coverage A states that "property owned, rented or occupied by the insured" is an exclusion under "Bodily injury and Property Damage Liability Coverage". Also, exclusion j also specifies that "property loaned to the named insured" is also excluded. * You are does cover the use of such equipment but does not cover if stolen, etc.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.