Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2011-09-20 18:33:59

No. As long as you were not involved in the accident then it shouldn't affect your driving record. You must also not be the owner of the vehicle that was involved in the claim.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

Sorry, the driver with no insurance can claim of your insurance. He/she has no legal right to lodge such unauthorised claim.

What happens when an insured driver hits someone depends on the state you live in. In a no-fault state you present your claim to your insurance company for payment. In a tort state, you would sue the driver for compensation. If you have uninsured driver coverage, then your insurance company should cover you and/or your vehicle, up to a certain amount. You should check with your insurance company to be sure.

yes. you can sue an at fault driver if his insurance company refuses to pay your claim. it would not be proper to sue the insurance company.

It is up to the driver to subit the auto accident claim. You should submit the claim as soon as possible after the accident.

insurance follows the vehicle, not the driver. If you loan your vehicle to someone, you assume the risk of them having an accident. Only if there is no insurance on the vehicle would the driver's insurance become effective for the loss of a vehicle not owned by him.

If a person is listed as a driver on someones insurance they can file a claim themselves. The person living abroad can also initiate a claim on behalf of the driver if they wish too.

If the insurance policy is active and valid and the driver is a covered driver then you file your claim just as in any other accident.

It makes no difference. It is still a valid claim, regardless if the other driver has the same insurance as yours. The same laws and regulations apply.

You can only claim against the rental company if the driver took out their insurance. If he has his own separate insurance, that is where you need to make the claim.

Yes. Being on the insurance doesn't make someone the car's owner. Only the deed holder or the lien holder can be classified as the owner and can claim that the car is stolen. yes

They are used to understand how to set insurance premiums. Take, for example, car insurance. The probability of a new driver getting in an accident is higher than an experienced driver. The probability of a male driver getting in an accident is higher than an female driver (in general). The probability of a person who has had many claims filing another claim is higher than someone who has never filed a claim. All these data guide the insurance industry to charge higher premiums to drivers who are new, male or have filed claims in the past.

If you are at fault in the accident than the other driver will make a claim to your insurance co.If the other driver sues you than pass the paper work to your insurance co and let them handle the case.

If your Insurance company paid the claim then yes they can surcharge you for any chargeable accidents they paid out on your policy.

Of course, age doesn't matter. If you have a valid license and have a current insurance policy you can claim the accident.

You do not have to reimburse your insurance company if the accident is the fault of the other driver and the claim is made on their insurance. If the accident is the fault of the other driver and their insurance does not cover everything and you make a claim on your insurance for reimbursement, your insurance will subrogate (collect back) from the other company.

On your insurance, driver hit TP means third party. This basically means that if you hit anyone, that person can claim against your liability.

Technically yes and no. While they can't actually add the driver, they can rate the insurance coverage as if that person would be driving a vehicle. For example, if you had a child who had just gotten their license, and you named them as an excluded driver of your vehicle, yet they somehow managed to get into a small wreck and have to file a claim, your insurance carrier would likely deny the claim on the basis that the driver was excluded, as well as rate your policy as if they were going to be driving the vehicle, without actually adding them. Moral of the story... don't lie to your insurance company.

You may get a ticket for no insurance. But you can still file a claim under the at fault drivers auto insurance.

Some insurance companies will require policyholders to sign a driver exclusion for family members if you claim the individual does not drive your vehicle. If the insurance company has previously paid a claim for an unlisted driver, they may require that you list the driver on your policy or sign a driver exclusion that restricts that driver from driving your vehicle. If a resident of your household has tickets and accidents and is not rated on your policy, the company will require a driver exclusion to prevent increasing your policy if they are rated.

Yes, but you must be a named driver. Otherwise your claim could be declined.

You still could pursued the claim under the vehicle. If the vehicle that hit your is being insured by Allstate Insurance, you should be able to set up the claim under that vehicle. Allstate might try to denied your claim based on unscheduled driver but they might get your car fixed with no question ask if you have a police/accident report.

I don't know! Im looking for the answer I don't know! Im looking for the answer I don't know! Im looking for the answer

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.