Would a cell phone company try to garnish your wages for a 1200 bill that has been owed for about three years?

Maybe. Often consumers believe if it has been a couple of years since they have heard from a creditor,the matter is closed. This is not true. As long as the SOL has not expired, any creditor can sue for wage garnishment or other type of judgments to recover money owed.