Would you be required to pay child support in CA for a child that you are not listed as the father on the birth certificate when the mother intentionally hid the child from the father without cause?

No. If you arent on the birth cretificate, then you arent legally the father, without a blood test, and if the wife hides her son from you, then she should go to hell.