Income Taxes

You filed for direct deposit but your account is now closed how will you get your return?

User Avatar
Wiki User
May 28, 2009 9:06AM

A "return" is a filled-out form, such as Form 1040, that you

send to the government. A "refund" is the money the government

sends you back.

I assume you mean to ask, how will you receive your refund?

They will try to send it to the bank. The bank will return it to

the government. Then after a few weeks, they will mail you a check.

If you have moved, make sure you file a change of address with the

post office and with the IRS and with the state tax department to

make sure your check doesn't get lost. Here is the federal change

of address form you can fill out and send to the IRS:

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.