Law & Legal Issues

Your child is 9 and her father was to see her after 4 year but your child dose not what to see him what rights have you got?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2009-06-19 17:37:17
2009-06-19 17:37:17

If the father has joint-custody of the child, not many. You are also at risk of an accusation of child alienation if you refuse.

User Avatar

Related Questions

No. The father does not legally have any rights until the child is born.

Yes as the father has become a defaulter then the mother can get full custody and have the parental rights of the father revoked.

You have the same rights as every father but might have to go to court for it if the two of you can't get along. You have the right to see the child and pay child support. If 16 is a minor where you live you can also be charged with statutory rape.

Yes. Custodial and/or visitation rights are not granted automatically when paternity is established. The father will have to file a petition in the state court of venue requesting such rights. In some states the minor can be ordered to pay child support depending upon the individual's circumstances. In all states, once the biological father reaches the age of majority he is legally responsible for the support of his child unless the court rules otherwise.

The same rights they had when they were younger. Your child is not 18 yet.

The answer is yes as long as the Father has custodial or access rights to the child. In the roles were reversed, would this question also apply to a mother?

No. As the grandparent you have no rights to the child. But since she is not married to the father he will have to prove paternity with a DNA test if he wants parental rights such as custody, visitation and pay child support.

no- simply put no one has the right to take your child away regardless unless they see you as a threat to the child.

In Britain you can move out at 16 with parental consent. You can only move out regardless of what your father thinks at 18.

His rights are to pay child support and petition for visitation.

yes the same way you sign over the rights when a child is born it's the same way years later you can still sign over your rights just as long as the mother is in consent and everyone is in agreement you can surely do that. * If the father was never aware of the child's existence then he has not established parentage and cannot relinquish rights that he does not have. If the issue is child support, the biological mother or legal custodian of the child must file a lawsuit for child support. Child support will not be addressed until parentage is established. If the male is found to be the father,arrearages will not be allowed if he can prove did not have knowledge of the child until the current time. After parentage has been established the court may or may not accept a request for the voluntary termination of parental rights from a biological parent.

A step-parent has no legal rights regarding your child. The biological mother has visitation rights and other rights when the child is in her custody.

No. It depends on when the TPR became final. If the child resided with the parent or a parent for the entire tax year then they may still claim said child as a dependent.

If the father is not living with the child and has some income other than public assistance, yes.

She can not put down anyone as the father. Only the biological father can sign the birth certificate and if she lets her friend sign it it will be fraud. The father have to prove paternity in court by providing a DNA test or he will not have any parental rights. And what about the child? The child have the right to know who the real father is. And your friend will be asked for child support as soon as you ask for benefits. You are not a friend if you do this to the 17yo.

It varies between states, it can be 6 months-1 year but also depends on what reason he has for being absent and if he has paid child support and if not, the reasons for that. Taking away parental rights are not taken lightly.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.