Children and the Law
Child Support

Your court order was filed in Ontario but your son and you are moving to Edmonton does his father still have to pay child support?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2009-10-20 00:18:45
2009-10-20 00:18:45

If he is awarded custody because you're trying to take his child away from him, he won't be paying.

User Avatar

Related Questions

There are several moving companies available for hire in the Edmonton area. Some of these companies include Affordable Moves, Movers Corp, or Edmonton Movers.

Someone could enlist the help of the local moving companies that are located in Edmonton by calling the company on the telephone and setting up an appointment for them to come and move your stuff.

No it will not. He knows how much he has to pay so he knows if he can afford more children or not.

Yes, under the Hague Treaty. Only mothers are immune when moving.

My dad is moving away too, i feel like i am dieng. SUPPORT !!

Child support may be waived only with the consent of the court/agency that entered the order. The divorce or support order may contain language about moving the child.

Wholesale Sports. They are moving to the southside to be more competitive with Bass Pro opening in Calgary. Good idea too - b/c I would rather drive 2 hrs to Bass Pro, then an hour across Edmonton.

The court that issued the order has jurisdiction but moving can complicate the situation. You should consult with an attorney or some other child support enforcement specialist. Courts will enforce child support orders from other states however, with reduced staff, it may be difficult to find that kind of support.

There are many but if I had to pick I would say the mountains. They stop the west moving systems from the Pacific from reaching Edmonton and when they do reach Edmonton they have much less moisture. They also block the warm systems and help cause systems from the north to have a more direct shot at Edmonton. This is why Edmonton is cooler than Calgary. That and Edmonton is farther north. Mountains and then the Jet Stream but the Jet Stream is the easy answer for all areas and mountains combined with our proximity to the Arctic has the biggest impact.

Absolutely. Visitation and child support are 2 different issues, separated in court. The child will still have to be fed etc regardless of where he lives. If it was that easy to get out of child support all people had to do was moving out of state.

According to SimplyHired, in Edmonton, KY, some of the most commonly available jobs are in Production, Transportation, and the materials moving occupations. In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada some of the most common jobs include Registered Nurse and Early Childhood Educator.

Nashville, and she is moving to Ontario, Canada, to live with her husband.

The child's moving out of the country would not, in itself, relieve the absent parent of his support obligation.

The best source is Internet. Just make a search in Google like best moving companies in Ontario. Obviously you can get list of companies then try to sort out from the list. Another best way is you can ask your relatives and friends, possibly they should know about local moving companies.

No, once he gets a job and submits his social security number they will track him. If he doesn't do that then they can issue a warrant for his arrest, take away his license, and do more. Once a judge says you owe child support you owe child support.

Yes. A minor moving out with parental permission before she is 18 is not emancipated. You have to pay until she is.

Gravity & Friction & support

You/your child's moving out of country would not, in itself, affect the father's support obligation. But hopefully he try to put a stop to it.

Child support and child custody are handled separately. In most cases delinquent child support payment does not affect the rights of the father. The father can still petition to avoid you moving the child out of state but, doesn't necessarily mean it will be granted. Unless both parents can come to an arrangement/agreement in what's in the best interest of the child.

Remind him that it's a dumb idea, from a father's right advocate. Why is he behind, and is he moving to find work? You can't stop him moving unless he's $5000 behind. If he's in arrears due to a job loss, help him get the amount modified. see link

The father must pay until the child is out of high school, not just until he is 18. As long as the court has the address, the payments would continue. Her moving does not make a difference.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.