What is the proper way to connect an ammeter?
Are u talking about a amp meter? If so there is 2 kinds one is a clip on that simply goes around the wire that u are wanting to check amps on.one other goes in line u will need to find a junction or cut the wire current goes in one side of the meter reads amps then out the other.with out loss of current. Be more specific next time then I can helped u much better.25 years experience industeral electrical tech.
Actually, although 'amp meter' is closer to what it is, they are usually called 'ammeters', often in print as well as speech.
How do you use consumer in a sentence?
Humans are the top consumer in the world. Consumers use their resources to make a way of life. Producers are the animals and plants. Some animals could also be considered consumers to other animals and even humans, but ultimately humans are the top consumer.
The consumer thought the price was high.
Many consumers have been victimized by credit card scams.
A human is a consumer, as it consumes other organisms for energy.
The consumer ate the producer.
The consumer of electronics was not happy to hear about the death of Steve Jobs.
making sure you get a good deal is a part of being a good consumer.
1. A human is a consumer, as it consumes other organisms for energy.
The group of consumers ate their meals in record time.
A bird is a consumer.
An educated consumer knows how to spend money wisely.
Consumer is a noun. Even consumer is in the economic sense, but it could still be used in the sentence. There are many words , which available to use it such as,
One sentence for the word consumer is " It is important to inform consumers of any recalls."
How much does a cubic yard of gravel weigh?
A cubic foot of dry, loose gravel with 1/4" to 2" stones is 105 pounds per cubic foot. So, a cubic yard is that times 27, or 2835 lb. (There are 27 cubic feet in a cubic yard.)
Is there a refugee girl in Dakar Senegal asking for help?
Please do not fall for this nonsense. There are a hundred scam mails running around with the same story, they just change the girls name.
The basic answer is that people claiming to be in such camps are trying to defraud you.
Very few people in a refugee camp, if any, would have Internet access. Especially to the extent that these people have.
If you have received an email from a person (especially a female) who claimed he/she is residing in a refugee camp in Dakar, Senegal, it is a fraud. There is no camp in Senegal. That person is part of a well-known swindle.
Should you wish to donate money to refugee camps it is highly recommended you do so through a recognized charity.
Here are answers from various WikiAnswer contributors:
(there is also a sample letter posted further down this page)
- There has been an "advance fee" scam going for awhile in which a person - most always a girl/woman - will strike up contact with someone, either as a pen pal or some other innocent encounter. Then, at a certain point, she'll let it drop that she could get a lot of money owed her, or even get out of the refugee camp, if only she had $X or £X for this, that or the other.
- He/she uses a lot of names. It can be a woman who is writing the letters or it can be a man pretending to be a woman, or it can be a gang of men (such as the gangs from Nigeria who pull similar scams on dating agency sites) by pretending to be women who need your help. It is a well-known scam. It's all lies.
- It's a scam she's a fake, and the refugee camp doesn't exist, why bother? Moreover, the photos that she/he sends you it not a picture of her.
- He/she who is behind the letters is very smart and knows how to enter your heart very easily. I for one believed her/him till the end. She/he is a good actor, and she/he has the tools to prove that she/he is telling you the truth like the bank email and British phone number. She/he is very good swindler, its a very clever scam.
- If you have you received an email from a girl claiming she is residing in a refugee camp in Dakar, Senegal, it's a scam and there is no camp in Senegal. That person is a swindler.
- There has been an "advance fee" scam going for awhile in which a person - most always a girl/woman - will strike up contact with someone, either as a pen pal or some other innocent encounter. Then, at a certain point, she'll let it drop that she could get a lot of money that is owed to her, or even get her out of the refugee camp, if only she had $X or £X, etc., for this, that or the other.
- It's a scam and there is no camp in Senegal. That person is a swindler.
- Here is an example of the initial type of letters these scammers write (the names have been removed) before moving on to ask you for money:
" My name is XXXX XXXXXX from South Sudan, but presently i am residing at the N'dioum refugee camp here in Dakar Senegal as the result of the civil war out of political crisis going on in my country, the camp is headed by the Rev whom i use his office computer to write to you when he is less busy at the office, i was a medical student reading nursing before the incident that leads me to be here. My Father Dr XXXXXX XXXXX XXXX ,died in December 2011 . My father was a freedom fighter, he was the leader of the South Sudan Democratic Movement , and the South Sudan Army before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed him alongside with my sweet mother oh? may their souls rest in peace, i managed to make my way to Senegal where i am living now as a refugee by the help of the Red Cross Society. I will like to know more about you, your likes and dislikes and what you are doing presently, i will tell you more of me in my next mail if you write back to me again. i will be waiting patiently to read again a mail from you, thanks and God bless you, i remain yours forever. "
- In return for your help, you will eventually be promised huge amounts of money that is supposedly owned to them as an inheritance (or some such nonsense) in return for your assistance. There will also be the promise of a relationship or sexual relationship with them. If you respond, sooner or later you will be asked to pay a fee to help them obtain something or to help them get somewhere such as coming to visit you. If you pay, another fee will quickly be requested for something else and it will continue that way until you give up or run out of money. You will never see the huge amount of money that you were promised, because that never existed. Neither will they ever come to visit you. Usually the fraud is run by gangs of men pretending to be women, even to the extent of written communication with you live on Instant Messenger while pretending to be female.
What is 3.21 as a percent?
It isn't! The question makes no sense. 3.21 is a number. Do you mean what is 3.21 times some other number as a percentage or do you mean what percentage is 3.21 of some other number or are you asking something else?
How add 5 percent in an amount?
Multiply the amount (e. g. $12.50) times 1.05, or divide the amount by 20 and add the answer to the original amount ($13.13 or $.63).
How do you simplify mixed fractions?
Sometimes you can't simplify a mixed fraction, but simplifying a mixed fraction is just like simplifying an original fraction.
For example: You can not simplify 1 and 3/4, because 3/4 can not be simplified.
But 1 and 10/16 can be simplified.
To do this:
- You take the actual fraction part 10/16
- Find a LCD (Least Common Denominator) for this it is 2
- Divide both the reciprocal and denominator by this number
- 10 divided by 2=5, 16 divided by 2=8
- Put the new divided numbers where the old numbers were, 5/8
- Then just put the whole number and fraction back together, ex. 1 and 5/8.
What are court chronicles?
Accounts written by scholars about the kingdoms in which they lived were called court chronicles.
How does polypeptide differ than an equal protein?
Generally, polypeptides are shorter than proteins. It's a non-specific term, but usually it's amino acid < polypeptide < protein.
The "equal protein" is presumed to refer to a protein with the same amino acid sequence and length. In that case, there is another difference. Polypeptides aren't necessarily biologically active molecules. Once they're biologically active, they're proteins, or enzymes. All you care about in a polypeptide is the amino acid sequence. But in proteins, the primary structure is the amino acid sequence, but you're also very concerned about secondary structure (folding & conformational changes), tertiary structure (cross bonds among amino acids in the chain) and quarternary structure - association of multiple independent polypeptides into a single protein structure.
In short - with polypeptides all you really care about is the order of a long string of amino acids. With proteins, you're worried about exactly how that long string is bent, twisted, folded, and tied into other strings that have been bent, twisted and folded, to become a protein like hemoglobin that you need to breathe.
In summary - A polypeptide is a chain of amino acids. A protein is a chain of amino acids and thus a polypeptide. Short amino acid chains are called peptides. So the answer is if they are equal then they are the same thing, just different terms.
How many square feet is one acre?
The area of one acre is 43,560 square feet, but there are an
infinite number of different shapes and dimensions an acre could have.
Here are a few examples:
Square: 208.71 feet on a side (approx.)
9' x 4840'
10' x 4356'
12' x 3630'
20' x 2178'
24' x 1815'
40' x 1089'
60' x 726'
72' x 605'
120' x 363'
121' x 360'
180' x 242'
Circle: 235.5-ft diameter (approx.)
All 13 of these examples have areas of 1 acre.
One Acre = 43560 sq ft
Why does water have a high and specific heat capacity?
First, we need to know a little bit about water. Water is a polar molecule because oxygen bears partial negative charge and hydrogen bears partial positive charge. This results in extensive hydrogen bonding in water molecules between slightly negative oxygens and slightly positive hydrogens. Second, we need to remember that temperature is another way of saying the average kinetic energy of particles - the higher the temperature, the faster they move, in the case of gases and liquids, or vibrate, in the case of solids. Third, heat capacity is the ability of matter to absorb thermal energy. One calorie is defined as the amount required to heat a gram of water one degree Centigrade. That same calorie will heat a gram of gold 33 degrees.
Water's specific heat is defined as 1. The specific heat of gold is therefore .03. Water has a high specific heat because there are quite a few ways water can store heat. 1. Moving along three axes 2. Rotating the "V" shaped molecule in three different directions 3. Hydrogen atoms vibrating back and forth like a tuning fork 4. Hydrogen atoms vibrating up and down along their H-O axis.
Finally, the heat of fusion of water is 80 calories per gram, and the heat of vaporization for water is 540 calories. So ice can absorb 80 times as much heat while melting as the same mass of water. Water absorbs 540 times as much heat while turning into water vapor as the same mass of water absorbs. Both phase changes occur at constant temperature, 0 Centigrade and 100 Centigrade respectively. Look up phase change graph for water to see the interesting line.
Can you say more formally?
What is the difference between 2D and 3D?
2D and 3D refer to the actual dimensions in a computer's workspace. 2D is 'flat', using the X & Y (horizontal and vertical) axis', the image has only two dimensions and if turned to the side becomes a line. 3D adds the 'Z' dimension. This third dimension allows for rotation and depth. It's essentially the difference between a painting and a sculpture.
How do you solve 4x3 equals 12x2-x-3 equals 0?
The answers are x= -.4324426. or x= .6157299 or x= 2.816713
These are approximations.
What is an antiglycolytic agent?
Actually, an antiglycolytic agent prevents gylcolysis, the breakdown or metabolism of glucose (blood sugar) by blood cells.
What is a triangle ruler called?
In the world of Drafting and Architecture, it is called a Scale.
What two numbers squared equal a perfect square?
You can keep this pattern going, too:
3² + 4² = 5²
6² + 8² = 10²
9² + 12² = 15²
12² + 16² = 20²
And so on and so forth...
What is the blue book value of soundesign speakers Z 1200 B?
I am unaware of any "Blue Book" for stereo equipment. Since the speakers were made for Radio Shack, I would venture they are not worth very much.
What is the metric equivalent of a butt load?
See Webster's dictionary:
Butt: a measure of liquid capacity equal to 126 gallons or two hogs heads.
From another dictionary:
An English butt is 2 hogshead of 54 imperial gallons each or ~129.7 US gallons (i.e., a UK butt is apparently slightly bigger than a US one).
A Spanish butt is based on a wine cask and is equivalent to 140 US gallons or ~116.6 UK gallons (i.e., a Spanish butt is bigger still).
So next time someone says they have a "butt load" of stuff, just remember, that is about two 55-gallon barrels worth of stuff.To recap...1 butt equals:
- 2 hogsheads (this is probably the easiest to remember for social occasions)
- 476.961 liters
- 126 gallons
- 104.917 UK gallons
- 13.5347 bushels
- 0.131592 cords
- 11.6574 firkins
- 4032 gills
- 21504 ponys
- 4032 noggins
- 1008 pints
- 96768 teaspoons
- 12.0308 ephahs
- 1.58987x10^7 drops
- 10752 jiggers
- 16128 shots
- 629.504 wine bottles
- 630 fifths
How do you write 16 042 631 in words?
What 5 percent of 300 million?
What is one half of 1% of 300000000