the factors led to the rwandan genocide was lots and lots of .. not joking
it helped cause the runaway scrape.
Germany and Turkey.
the Rwandans gaining independence
Bosnia, Darfur, and Rwanda are sites of genocide in the last 30 years.
Within the last century, there have been numerous other genocides, such as those that took place in Germany and Turkey.
Hutu(the majority around 80% of the total population) and Tutsis(the minority)
because they where gay
Many died in in gas chambers
Millions of Jews were killed in many various ways, such as:
He killed them by putting them into gas chambers , also he would work them to death , by not feeding them and making me them work all hours of the day with no food or sleep .
Any horrid way you could imagine. Starvation, beatings, poison, burning.
The Armenian Genocide is rather controversial, but the majority view is that it was a genocide, as expressed by the Pro-Armenian Views. The minority view, supported by Turkey and academics aligned with Turkey is placed second.
There's an excellent book on the history of the Armenians. It's by David Marshall Lang. The title is "The Armenians: A People in Exile" and it was published in London by Allen and Unwin in 1981. Though the book is out of print, it should be available from most major public and academic libraries.
If you search the web for information, bear in mind that the Turkish government *denies* the Armenian holocaust and there is a lot of Turkish propaganda online.
The story behind the Armenian Holocaust is complex. In all, 1.2-1.5 million Armenians were murdered in 1915-17 and 1919-22. There is a mass of evidence from external sources (American and German, for example) and also in Turkish archives, too!
The Armenian Genocide happened in 1915. Armenians lived in their historical homeland for more than 5000 years, had kingdoms, cities, churches and schools. In the 13-14 centuries the Turkish nomad tribes came to the region, invaded the country of Armenians. Later they created the Ottoman Empire, a part of which was Western Armenia. Armenians were the intellectual Elite of the country, they were the richest shopowners, they were poets, politicians, doctors. Armenians were rich and what is more important they were CHRISTIAN, while Turkes were Muslim. And there was the Armenian Problem, by which the European Nations always made Turkey to do their bidding. Thus, the Best explaination is that Taliat Pasha (one of the organizers) gave : If there is no Armenian, there is no Armenian Problem". Armenians as rightful owners of the lend were a great threat for Turkish Tyrants.
There are also an equal number of historical documents that support the fact that the tragedies resulted from armed Armenian revolt. The following quote is from Dr.Justin McCarthy a Professor at the University of Louisville.
"Conflict between the Turks and the Armenians was not inevitable. The two peoples should have been friends. When World War I began, the Armenians and Turks had been living together for 800 years. The Armenians of Anatolia and Europe had been Ottoman subjects for nearly 400 years. There were problems during those centuries-problems caused especially by those who attacked and ultimately destroyed the Ottoman Empire. Everyone in the Empire suffered, but it was the Turks and other Muslims who suffered most. Judged by all economic and social standards, the Armenians did well under Ottoman rule. By the late nineteenth century, in every Ottoman province the Armenians were better educated and richer than the Muslims. Armenians worked hard, it is true, but their comparative riches were largely due to European and American influence and Ottoman tolerance. European merchants made Ottoman Christians their agents. European merchants gave them their business. European consuls intervened in their behalf. The Armenians benefited from the education given to them, and not to the Turks, by American missionaries.
While the lives of the Armenians as a group were improving, Muslims were living through some of the worst suffering experienced in modern history: In the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, Bosnians were massacred by Serbs, Russians killed and exiled the Circassians, Abkhazians, and Laz, and Turks were killed and expelled from their homelands by Russians, Bulgarians, Greeks, and Serbs. Yet, in the midst of all this Muslim suffering, the political situation of the Ottoman Armenians constantly improved. First, equal rights for Christians and Jews were guaranteed in law. Equal rights increasingly became a reality, as well. Christians took high places in the government. They became ambassadors, treasury officials, even foreign ministers. In many ways, in fact, the rights of Christians became greater than those of the Muslims, because powerful European states intervened in their behalf. The Europeans demanded and received special treatment for Christians. Muslims had no such advantages.
That was the environment in which Armenians revolted against the Ottoman Empire-hundreds of years of peace, economic superiority, constantly improving political conditions. This would not seem to be a cause for revolution. Yet the nineteenth century saw the beginning of an Armenian revolution that was to culminate in disaster for both."
The turks thought that the armenians were secretly hurting turkey, so they tried to kill them all, simmilar to what hitler did.
Because they revolted against the government of the county they lived in, the Ottoman empire, and fought alongside the Russians against the Ottomans in WW1.
Not entirely true. Women, children and elderly were killed -not just men. The answer is much too long to discuss here - I suggest you look on websites such as armeniapedia.org and cilicia.org. Actually for over 40 years before the genocide of 1915 there were village massacres which led up to the genocide. Because the rest of the World was tied up in WWI they were not privy to the goings on of the Young Turks who systematically enforced gun control on many armenians who had lived in these cities and towns for millenia, not just centuries - Armenia was a vast nation until the Ottomans invaded in the 1500s. Armenians were peaceful, but wanted to protect her borders which were always in jeapordy because of the location right in the middle of the major trading routes. Eventually the kurds and the turks (all Muslim) wanted control and took what they wanted - much like what the United States did to the Native American people. Since Armenians were 1. Christian and 2. Well off for the most part, an industrious people and alot were in important government positions, the Young Turks decided they needed to get rid of this problem so they could control the land. The problem was: Armenians. One by one, villages throughout western Armenia were eliminated of 1. guns and 2. men. By men, we are talking any boy of the age of 14 and up was taken into either the Turkish army were they were shipped off to death camps, or in some instances just blatantly shot right outside of their front door, in front of their family. In an instant, on one day, April 15; dozens of important Armenian men were taken forcibly to the centers of their towns and either hung or beheaded in front of everyone. A few of these towns held "wedding dances" where they forced the newly widowed women to hold hands and dance in a circle as they were being shot at while their clothes were torn off, to humiliate them even further. The most deaths were caused when all Armenians who lived in Western Armenia were forced to leave everything behind and march for hundreds and hundreds of miles in the desert (Sinai) along the Euphrates River, which within weeks and months was vile with human blood, dead bodies floating and diseases were rampant. Over one and half million Armenians died because the Young Turks used violent criminals as guards for these marches, and they used any type of violent torture they could dream up - as gratitude for their violence they were granted complete pardons for their previous crimes. To this day, not only has there never been any type of restitution on the part of the Turks, they DENY that genocide ever took place. Then, to rub salt into wounds, they destroyed all of our ancient churches, ancient relics and renamed our cities to eliminate any history of Armenia in the 75-80% of the land they took from us, both from the west and from the east. Azerbaijani's were also encouraged by the Muslim Turks to destroy all of the Khachkars on Ancient Armenian land that date back before Christ's birth. On top of all of this, the Turks even laid claim to Mt. Ararat, a national Armenian landmark. When the atrocities were discovered, there were only a few small groups of orphaned children that hadn't been taken in by Turks as slaves or renamed to muslim names to forget their identity. The few surviving women were turned into sex slaves by the muslims and to show they were only "property" by their masters, they were tattoed all over their faces to publically display their shame. As I said, this is only a SMALL portion of what happened. I do encourage you to read about Armenian history, as it is vast and very ancient and extremely interesting. It's just sad that we don't have much of a homeland anymore. From what it was, there is only about 10% left now.
On 27 May 1990, Sindh government launched a crackdown in Hyderabad, the centre of MQM power. A shoot- on-sight curfew was imposed , and a police house-to-house search began. The muhajirs protested at this treatment and fighting broke out. In what has become known as 'the Pucca Qila massacre' 31 women and children were killed, leading to retaliations in Karachi and elsewhere and over 300 more deaths
The international community had little success stopping violence in both cases.
It determines whether the United Nations can use force to stop it.
Long-standing ethnic tensions
there is a very high jealousy for the Armenians from all around the word that guides into hate.
The blacks gained power with no idea how to use it, white business owners and farmers had there property stolen because the government was so aweful that it couldnt keep people fed, the persicution of whites grow worse as there numbers dropped which led to more persicution and eventually death camps
Yes the Black Plague is back it is 2020
Although the UN took a more active role in recognizing the atrocities in Darfur, it had little impact in either case.
NATO countries intervened in Bosnia to reach a peace agreement, but the global community failed to respond to genocide in Rwanda.
Between 100000 nd 200000
Examples of genocide include: Armenia in WW1 by th Turks; The dispossession of the American Indian by the US in the north & Spain in central & south america; The concentration camps in WW2; The treatment of their neighbours in recent years by Serbia; Rwanda;
The Nazis' primary issues with Jews, which led to the genocide, were the unfounded and erroneous assertions of which the following is a general list:
1) Decay of the German State: During the 1800s, Jews and other minorities began to become more integrated in German National Life. They served in its government, its military divisions, and its industry. As was typical of Western Europe, the Jews had more of a hand in the higher echelons of government than their population percentage would account for. Hitler saw this increasing Jewish percentage in the government as a slow takeover of German policy and a corruption of the German people. They contrasted the great victories under Bismarck with the depressing failure of World War I and noted how a much larger percentage of soldiers in the latter war were Jewish. There was also the sentiment than in the early 20th century, values were beginning to ebb (this is similar to current politics in the United States) and the Jewish integration in the German apparatus (becoming teachers, lawyers, doctors, etc.) was to blame for this recession of values as opposed to modernity as a process.
2) Nationalism: Germany was brought together under the Nationalist conception that all peoples with German culture, history, and language should be united regardless of which principality currently held control. The German self-conception also had an ethnic component, holding that the perfect German was blond and blue eyed. Regardless of the fact that the majority of Germans were dark haired, Jews and Gypsies stuck out like sore thumbs because they overwhelmingly had darker hair. In addition, the idea of a German Jew was still rather new and both Jews and non-Jews tended to see the Jews in Germany as being part of a vast Jewish network and that these Jews just happened to be in Germany. The same perception existed for Gypsies, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Communists. Hitler capitalized on this cosmopolitan sensibility by claiming that these people's allegiances were not to the German State, but to secret councils made up of these minorities that conspired against the German people.
3) Economy: Whether it was true or not, there was perception among Germans and Hitler in particular that Jews were wealthy individuals and had a higher per-capita income than the Germans. In many ways (because of the above two reasons) Germans felt that the Jews were "stealing" their money while they were poor and suffering.
4) Pseudo-Science: The late 19th and early 20th century was filled with radical new ideas concerning Social Darwinism, a movement that Hitler was a part of. It was believed by the Pseudo-Scientific community (which was rather in vogue) that different groups of people or races exhibited different emotional traits that were linked to physical differences. This led to the belief that Jews and Gypsies were corrupt and thieving by their irreversible nature and that they could not be "cured" and brought up as proper Europeans. This formalized Racism in Germany and made the situation much more dire for German minorities.
5) Heresy: Although not as much an issue in World War II as it may have been 500 years prior, Jews were still considered the heretics who murdered the LORD and Savior. This helped to justify Anti-Semitism as the Jewish comeuppance for their accepting of the Christ Bloodguilt.
many tutsis were killed with ma-shine guns and machetes and thousands of women were raped the hutus. The radio was used to encourage ordinary people to attack tutsis.
What is ROBLOX's password on roblox?
Asked By Wiki User
Does Jerry Seinfeld have Parkinson's disease?
Asked By Wiki User
If you are 13 years old when were you born?
Asked By Wiki User
What is a hink pink 50 percent giggle?
Asked By Wiki User
What was the September massacre?
Asked By Wiki User
When did the Armenian genocide start?
Asked By Wiki User
How has the Armenian genocide affected both perpetrators and victims and their families?
Asked By Wiki User
What started the sand creek massacre?
Asked By Wiki User
Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.