According to Merriam-Webster, the definition for silence is:"1: forbearance from speech or noise2: absence of sound or noise"
The Pacific Ocean, Biggest, Area (sq km) 181,343,000, Area (sq miles) 70,017,000
The Atlantic Ocean, Area (sq km) 94,314,000, Area (sq miles) 36,415,000
The Indian Ocean, Area (sq km) 74,118,000, Area (sq miles) 28,617,000
The Southern Ocean, Area (sq km) 2,033,000, Area (sq miles) 7,849,000
The Arctic Ocean, Smallest, Area (sq km) 12,256,000, Area (sq miles) 4,732,000
This is according to The Worlds Top Lists
A Beam balance (or Beam scale) is a device to measure weight or mass.
100 ÷ 3 = 33.33 recurring.
Or 100 ÷ 3 = 33 remainder 1.
There are 3 subjective methodes of measuring human behaviour.
1. Self-report questionnair
2. Dairy methode
3. Behavioural observation.
In my opinion Behavioural observation is the best way to measure human activity. Behavioural observation is aim to collect data about physical activity behaviour. In this methode, we can observer the beahviour of a patient or a subject during any perfomance regarding the activity, sposed by psychlogist.
The only stable, and only naturally-occurring isotope of gold has mass number of 197. This is the number of protons and neutrons in each nucleus.
Gold's atomic number is 79. This is the number of protons found in each gold atom. This determines its place in the periodic table, and its chemical properties: it is the defining property of gold.
A nucleus with a different number of neutrons and the same 79 protons would be a different isotope with a different mass number; a nucleus with a different number of protons would not be gold, but some other element.
It is 5.4085
Through science and technology, it is easier for inhabitants to communicate with other people around the globe. It is also significant in the field of business because transactions and other events are done through the computer. Science and technology enable every people to live an easy and modern way of life.
At the risk of being too obvious, I'm going to have to go with a vaccine and treatment for the coronavirus.
Because the plastic is the poorest conductor of heat (That means it doesn't heat up when it touches something that's hot). Metal is a great conductor of heat though, so if the handle were made of metal we would burn our hand whenever we touch the handle.
An aluminum cube doesn’t have a fixed density, it depends on its weight and volume. The density of a cube can be found out by measuring the object’s weight and volume and then by dividing the mass by volume. If the mass and volume of aluminum’s cube are 37.3 and 13.8, its density will be 2.7g/cm cube.
A good scientist should possess the following qualities:
1. A scientist must be curious about the world Example: Galileo Galileo's curiosity about the heavenly bodies made him the first person to use a telescope to study the moon, the sun, the planets and the stars.
2. A scientist is logical and systematic Example: Among the reasons why Gregor Mendel discovered the principles of heredity when others have failed was his logical experimental methods and his careful and accurate record keeping.
3. A scientist is open-minded and free of bias Example: An open-minded person is one who can modify plans or discard hypotheses if necessary. One such person was Johannes Kepler who was hired to develop evidence that planets moved along perfect circles.
4. A scientist is intellectually honest Example: Isaac Newton built his laws of motion on the previous work of Galileo and others.
5. A scientist works hard and is persistent Example: Marie Curie was the first person ever to be awarded the Nobel Prize twice. It was not surprising considering how hard she worked.
6. A scientist does not jump to conclusions Example: John Dalton's atomic theory was backed by experimental evidence. He was not the first to propose that the atom was the smallest particle of matter, but he was the first to use experimental evidence to support his theory.
7. A scientist is a creative and critical thinkerExample: Albert Einstein was able to derive his theory of relativity because he went beyond what was given and known at that time. He saw links and connections where others did not. He looked at things from different perspectives.
8. A scientist is rational
9. A scientist is willing to suspend judgment until he is sure of his results
10. A scientist tries new approaches to arrive at solutions
A scientist must have an open mind and be curious. It is fine to have an idea about how or why something is the way it is, but the scientist should then seek to prove or disprove this "hypothesis" and should then be willing to change their ideas depending on the results of their experiments, rather than to continue believing in their original idea even if the evidence of their experiments is sticking up against it. 1.Keen Observer 2.creative 3.patient 4.curious 5.humble 6.intellectually honest 7.objective 8.Aware of the limitations of Science 9.Persevering 10.Open minded
SEDIMENTARY rock Has been formed in layers Often found near water sources With fossils from decayers
Then there's IGNEOUS rock Here since Earth was born Molten Lava, cooled and hardened That's how it is formed
These two types of rocks Can also be transformed With pressure, heat and chemicals METAMORPHIC they'll become
(sung to the tune of row row row your boat)
First, scientists are pretty sure the Earth's core is about 80 percent iron. How they know that is a series of educated guesses.
For starters, they can be reasonably sure of the planet's mass based on its gravitational pull. The material on the surface isn't dense enough to match up with that mass, so the rest of the Earth has to be much denser.Iron, meanwhile, is one of the most prevalent elements in the universe, but it isn't all that evident in the Earth's crust. Since scientists would expect more iron to be in our planet and it's a fairly dense element, that leads to the conclusion that the Earth's core is mostly iron. They theorize that it was pulled to the core over millions of years. By examining different seismic waves, they know that the inner part of the core is solid and the outer core is molten.
It's a lot more scientific than I've made it sound, but hopefully that gets at the gist of it.
Scientists aren't entirely sure, although they're pretty positive it's genetic. For a long time, a prevailing theory was that handedness is determined by gene expression in the left or right hemisphere of the brain. However, newer research suggests that even before the motor cortex is developed, an early asymmetry in the spinal cord is actually what determines right or left handedness.
F to C: Deduct 32, then multiply by 5, then divide by 9
C to F: Multiply by 9, then divide by 5, then add 32
Lots of superstitions are based on observations, which are scientific data. For example:
Pele, the volcano god of Hawaii, was based on the observation that volcanoes could do major damage. So there must be a god there.
The ocean can cause major damage along the coasts. Clearly there is a god involved.
The point is this. While the observations are scientifically valid, the conclusions based on them are not.
The ureters are what carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder. There is one ureter from each kidney, so two ureters in the body.These are the mucous membrane-lined, muscular ducts that propel urine from the renal pelvis of each kidney to the bladder. They originate in the pelvis of the kidney, exit the hilum, and terminate in the base of the bladder in an area called the trigone.
Convection, as heat from the mantle is transferred to the lower crust, which can move very slowly in response to the increased upward pressure. The heat makes the rock liquid (magma) in some areas, allowing it to flow upward to the surface, thus creating spongebob squarepants!
The Earth can be divided into four main layers: the solid crust on the outside, the mantle, the outer core and the inner core. Out of them, the crust is the thinnest layer of the Earth, amounting for less than 1% of our planet's volume .
The independent variable is also known as the manipulated variable.
In an experiment where you need to test different objects, the independent variable would be the different objects.