Vitamins and Supplements
Vitamins are often referred to as “spark plugs” because they aid in the absorption, digestion and metabolism of the nutrients in the human body. Supplements, on the other hand, provide nutrients that may be missing in a person’s diet.
Is bright yellow urine normal?
It's not necessarily a danger sign. You may be simply offloading a high concentration of vitamin C (which, when you over-consume, simply dumps the excess to the urine), or betacarotene, the precursor to vitamin A, and the coloring agent in lots of orange fruits and veggies such as carrots or cantaloupe. Also, a lot of the B-vitamins can have this exact effect. If the urine is clear, this is a good sign and makes the vitamin density the most likely explanation.
It could also mean that you're somewhat dehydrated and you're expelling very rich urine. In that case - rehydrate! :} Note that this works better with liquids that have some electrolytes in them - some salts. These include sports drinks like Gatorade, various juices (such as orange, pineapple or tomato), or simply drinking water and having a banana or two (high in potassium - an electrolyte).
Far less common are cases of kidney problems. But if this is a new phenomenon for you, and has no other symptoms, I wouldn't worry unless it persists.
I would definitely rather be excreting excess vitamins in my bright yellow (normal) urine, than having clear urine and vitamin-starved body cells.
More comments from WikiAnswers contributors:
- Asparagus is another veggie that will make your urine bright yellow. Drink lots of water (8 glasses a day) and that will help to flush out the kidneys.
Bright yellow urine can mean that your body is dehydrated and also it can mean you are highly acidic. Yellow urine indicates that a person is able to flush out acids stored in the body or that a person's body is not able to process the food that he is eating. If it is the first situation it is good. If it is second situation it is bad. Liver does not get any water if taken with meals or shortly afterward. Such water is flushed out of the body faster. One should drink 1 hour before meals to be able to get the water to the liver. Except for this period one should not drink water. Drinking one hours before meals will help water to stay in the body for a longer period and work on the acids and toxins for a longer time.
Taking certain vitamins will turn your urine intensely yellow.
- Urine should be almost clear in color, if you're drinking enough clear fluids. The less you drink, the darker your urine will become, and some medications will affect urine color. If you're not taking meds, then up your water intake; drinking cranberry juice also helps the kidneys to flush any toxins which can lead to urinary tract infections.
Water, water and more water! Six 8 oz. glasses a day is what is good for you, but even 4-5 will make a difference.
- To add, it is usually the B Vitamins, found either in multivitamins or as a additional supplement, that can make urine bright yellow or even orange. Other medications, such as ones for urinary tract infections, can do the same thing (such as phenazopydidine, AZO-standard, etc.). Read the information the pharmacy gives along with any prescription medication you are taking to see if this is a common side effect of them. Otherwise, you can certainly see a physician if you are concerned.
Although this is a commonly mentioned "fact" in the news, there is no scientific evidence behind the "8 glasses of water a day" theory.
- Before you spend a bunch of money on supplements (many of which are useless), try drinking more water. Urine is yellow because the major waste product of the blood, bilirubin converts to urobilin in the kidneys. Urobilins are yellow. Drinking more water will dilute your urine and it will appear clearer.
- While it is true that many are re-thinking the "8 glasses a day theory," it is also true that not being properly hydrated can cause urine that is bright yellow in color. B Vitamins and other medications can also cause discolored urine. Pay attention to your fluid intake (and remember to drink before you feel thirsty), and you should see a change in color.
How long does it take niacin to flush your system of THC if your a heavy smoker?
Well...there are several ways to do it. However, I MUST tell you that there is an exact way to do it. It is very painful and if not done exactly right, NIACIN CAN KILL YOU!
So, with that being said, if you know that you're gonna have a UA and have several days to prepare it will be much easier and less painful for you. All you have to do is go to your local GNC or any store that carries vitamins or supplements. Buy Niacin 500. DO NOT BUY FLUSH FREE! IT WON'T WORK! about four days prior to your UA, STOP SMOKING COMPLETELY. Take one pill in the morning and one at night. That's 1000mg a day. Your skin will turn bright red and it will burn you worse than any sunburn you've ever had...all over your body. Drink all the water you can stand. Force it down your throat. Drink it until you feel like you're going to vomit, but DO NOT VOMIT. If you vomit, you've just wasted your time. The niacin is going to make you pee a lot. That's good. So will the massive amounts of water. That's also good. Pee as much as possible and whatever you do, DO NOT DRINK ANYTHING EXCEPT WATER! Repeat this process for three to four days before your UA and you WILL pass.
Now, this next method is for EMERGENCY USE ONLY! This method is used when you only have 24 hours before your UA. It is extremely dangerous, 1000x more painful, puts you at risk for overdose, can lead to liver failure, and could kill you. (not joking)
Follow these steps EXACTLY! Now instead of spreading out the dosage over a three or four day period, you are basically compacting three or four days worth of doses into one. Take two Niacin 500. Drink water until you feel like you can't drink anymore...and then drink some more. Every time your glass of water gets empty, fill it back up and keep on chugging. You need to take in as much as you can in 24 hours. At least a gallon. I suggest two or three. Drink all the water you possibly can. Wait 4 hours. Take two more Niacin 500. You'll notice that it doesn't hurt anywhere as near as bad as the first dose. Again...water, water, water. I cannot stress that enough. Everything you pee out you should replace immediately with water. Now this is where your height and weight play a factor. Since I am a larger individual, I take two more four hours after that and keep chugging water. (I'm 215 and 6') If you are a smaller person, STOP AT THE SECOND DOSE! Keep drinking water all night if you can. Keep peeing all you can. Get all of that stuff out. The next day, make sure to keep drinking water. As much as you can and BE SURE YOU PEE AT LEAST THREE TIMES BEFORE YOUR UA! You're now ready to take your UA and YES...you WILL pass. Anybody that tells you anything different, is full of it! I've used this method for years and it works EVERY TIME.
Also, buy a few "at home" drug screens. You can buy them at any local drug store or Wal-Mart. They cost about $15 per test, but it's worth it to know the exact moment when your completely flushed. I suggest buying several just to be sure and to just have some laying around the house.
There you have it. My GUARANTEED method. There IS a way to beat the system and now you know how. You no longer have to live in fear of drug testing. Spread the knowledge and fight the power. Happy job hunting.
How much is a gram of gold worth?
To find the value of a gram of gold:
You must first find the spot price of gold (per troy ounce) in your country, then convert to grams.
Thus, if the spot price of gold is $900 per troy ounce and there are about 31.10 grams in a troy ounce, then the math is follows:
$900 x 1 ounce/31.10 grams = $28.94/gram
To find the value of jewelry:
You need to know the karats (weight) of actual gold in the jewelry.
24kt gold is the highest gold karat available and this is basically pure gold. 14kt and 18kt are common in the US, while 22kt gold is sold overseas. If you buy an 18kt piece of jewelry, this means that this jewelry is actually only 75% gold. The remaining 25% is other metals.
So if you have 1 gram of 18kt gold jewelry, you must multiply the price per gram x percentage of gold to find the actual price in grams. $28.94 x .75 = $21.71/gram.
Other factors will also affect the ultimate price, such as workmanship, gemstones, etc.
A gram of gold weighs approximately the same as a dollar bill and at today's price is valued at $100.
These days, there are online calculators available that calculate the true current value of your gold.
Do protein supplements have any side effects?
Assuming that you're consuming a normal amount of protein and are otherwise healthy and normal, supplements will not have any unwanted side effects. Protein supplements are not a complete dietary replacement. Excessive consumption of protein (300+ grams a day) can have unwanted side effects in the kidney and liver.
(see link below)
Always remember that too much is always bad for our health.so in taking too much protein will harm you too. why don't you add organic food on your diet, it has natural substance that can make you healthy.
Some may had side effects depending on the source of the protein
First consideration is what kind of other stuff is in the protein supplement. Some are full of sugar, and strange artificial ingredients. Does it has artificial sweeteners, artificial flavorings, hidden MSG, etc...
Generally the less ingredients the better, and unless you know it's a good product then go with something plain and made your own drink/smoothie out of it.
Soy protein - heavily processed food, no long resembles true soy protein or anything natural. Unless you know it's a good company I'd just avoid the soy due to heavy processing, and allergenic potential.
Whey protein - also heavily processed except from a few sources that process why from unheated milk. Dr. Mercola sells a truly high quality protein powder from whey on his site (some other professional companies such as Designs For Health also are high quality, but those are only available through health care professionals).
Hemp protein: if you use it please leave in freezer after opening, the omega-3's quickly become rancid in heat. The powder won't freeze in the freezer, as it has not water in it.
There are some plain rice proteins on the market.
How do taste buds help us to eat better?
they make u taste the food without them u wouldn'd taste the food. They also let you know if what you're eating is poison or if you are alergic to it or if you just don't like it before it enters you're system.
Do vitamins make you pee more a night?
(1) Yes I believe they do .
(2) It all depends upon water or liquid intake . I am celiac and take Vitamins on daily need , in my case it is liquid in take .
It is individually different. I have an immune issue and use a schedule of vitamins/minerals for health issues (pharmacist/dr approved) and I do not find that using either of these increase or decrease my nocturnal urine output. My output is based on the intake of liquids.
What ingredients are in chicken chippies?
Well...I am eating them right at this moment! Unfortunately the packets been thrown away so i can't tell you at the moment. But I know not a lot of it is really chicken!
Hope this helps!
What is the definition of go food?
Go foods are mainly composed of foods that contain carbohydrates, which give energy. Examples of Go foods (high-carbohydrate foods) are rice, cake, bread and noodles. Carbohydrates are essential in a healthy diet. Just remember, everything in moderation! Any carbohydrates that your body does not burn will be stored as fat. This is why it's important to incorporate a moderate amount of carbohydrates into your diet rather than a high amount.
Can you take ceramides as a supplement?
Life Extension Foundation (lef.com) sells a supplement made with wheat oil.
How important is whey protein for bodybuilding?
Whey protein is very important for body building. I use Deck Up Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate for body building. It works very level and i have recommended it to my friends.
111 gr is how many mcg?
To convert grams to micrograms, multiply by a million.
How many mg in 1000 mcg?
What are the scientific names for vitamins K and E?
Vitamin K is usually in reference to Vitamin K1, which is also known as phylloquinone, phytomenadione, or phytonadione, and is a derivative of 1,4-naphthoquinone. A subtype exists, Vitamin K2, which is known as menaquinone.
Vitamin E is actually a group of 8 related fat-soluble compounds called tocopherols and tocotrienols, of which 4 types exist for each (alpha, beta, gamma, delta). This is why supplements for Vitamin E are often sold as a complex containing more than just one compound. The types you will see most often are gamma-Tocopherol and alpha-Tocopherol. A synthetic water-soluble form of Vitamin E is Tocofersolan.
Are there any dietary supplements that prevent water retention?
Supplements that Prevent Water Retention
- Diuretics (induce urination) may help you. Salt may be a cause. The best solution is to talk with your doctor and make sure it is not something more serious.
- There are medications, such as diuretics, but they are not healthy to be taking regularly I would recommend drinking more water because your body needs water in order to lose water. Drink whatever your body weight is divided by 2. If you weigh 128 pounds, for example, drink 64 oz a day. At first, this may seem hard and will cause you to retain water for the first two days but you will start to see the difference.
- You can soak some natural fenugreek seeds (we call them Methi in India) in water overnight and eat them in the morning. It is important that you chew them. They may taste a little bitter to you at first but they reduce the water retention in the body.
- Putting chemicals in your body, such as diuretics, to reduce water retention is unnecessary and in some cases dangerous. If you visit a health food store, you can find an herbal tea that is designed specifically for this problem. It will often have the words "detox" in the title. Three cups a day will not only flush out excess water, but harmful toxins as well.
- Zylene might help.
- Organic food is the answer for this, because of it's all natural components there is nothing to worry about the effect. just make sure you follow the recommended dosage to experience the good effect on your body.
- Homeopathic remedies can sometimes help; see the related question, further down this page, listed under Related Questions.
- Dandelion (yes the very common weed) is perhaps the most well known herbal diuretic. However you really need to find out the cause of water retention and not just try random supplements. Dandelion (like other diuretics) won't treat the cause of water retention.
- Cumin seeds are the most common and then next comes the barley water which are commonly used as diuretics and are very same even pregnant ladies and children. the most important thing is that it regulates the water and balances the equilibrium between sodium and potassium metabolism not harming an individual. Restricting salt is
- always good followed by a good exercise.
- Things that you can eliminate from you diet that may cause you to lose water are sodium and glucose. Both of these molecules attract water, decreased amounts in your body may cause you to retain less water.
Can fish oil help with colds?
I do not think think so, fish oil going to help you in improving immune system and help in cold. Better to take dabur chyawanprash, it always keep you away from cold.
Do you need a prescription for pre-natal vitamins?
No. You can find them at your local drugstore or even WalMart or Walgreens. You can get a prescription for them but it is not necessary unless your doctor thinks you need more folic acid than other women, in which case your doctor will inform you.
Can a man increase butt size?
yes, by eating more fatty foods
Can vitamins shorten your height?
Vitamins can't shorten your height.
Does enzymes are soluble in water?
Yes they are soluble in water.
Is protein a major source of energy for the body?
Yes, protein is a major source of energy but we also need carbohydrates for energy, that's why athletes eat a lot of pasta before or after an event. Protein would include; cooked chicken, beef, fish, beans, tofu, cottage cheese, yogurt to mention a few.
Is niacin a element?
Niacin ... also called nicotinic acid and Vitamin B3 ... is a chemical compound of
four elements: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, and oxygen.
Its chemical formula is: C 6 H 5NO 2
What is scientific name of vitamin c?
How much vitamin k is in cranberries?
Cranberries, like many other foods, are really not a good source of Vitamin K.
Does taking vitamin c increase your blood sugar level?
No, but the "other ingredients" may contribute. Read the label and google unfamiliar words to find the cause. Also is C is in pill form, consider the liquid used when swallowing. Juice will increase BS and water will not.
What are the names of the water soluble vitamins?
- Thiamin (B1)
- Riboflavin (B2)
- Niacin (B3)
- Pyridoxine (B6)
- Cobalamin (B12)
- Vitamin H (Biotin)
- Pantothenic Acid (B5)
- Folic Acid
- Vitamin C (Absorbic acid)
- Vitamin P (Bioflavanoids)
- Folic Acid (Folate | Vitamin B9)
- Inositol (Myo-Inositol | Vitamin B8)
- PABA (Para-AminoBenzoic Acid
by Angelica H.