Men's Health
Breast Health

Is it normal to have this pain in your nipple that feels like a rock when pressed upon it and when will it go away?

User Avatar
Wiki User
March 13, 2013 9:22PM

"color: #000;" id="Answer">Answer

Please see your doctor right away. Although it may only be a

cyst (that should be removed and can usually be done as out-patient

surgery ... you can leave the hospital or clinic the same day) men

can also get

"" title="breast cancer">breast

cancer just like women. I am not trying to frighten you, but

make you realize that any lump a person has on their body should be

examined by their physician and they make the call on whether it's

something to leave in the body or have it taken out.

Good luck Marcy


I had a similar experience when I was a teen and my mom took me

to the doctor. The doc said it was a normal part of puberty and

that it would go away after a few months. It went away and I am

fine. However, what you are experiencing may not be what I

experienced. I remember having a "bump" directly under my nipple

that would hurt like HELL if squeezed. I had only 1 at first, but

then later it happend to the other side. You may want to get it

checked out, but I wouldn't be too worried (if you are a male teen,


Well ya that happened to me to its probably puberty it goes away

after awhile

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.