Asked in
Needs a Topic

What is a slam panel?


User Avatar
Wiki User
July 07, 2009 7:21PM

A Slam panel (can be seen when the bonnet is open) Is the cross member that goes across the front of the car and can go as low down as the bumper, covering the radiator. The headlights and front grill and bonnet catch are normally attached to the slam panel

The slampanel is nornmally bolted into place for easy replacement and is designed a bit like a crumple zone it will take some of the impact damage when you have a front end collision.