Can swimming in a chlorine pool affect a new earlobe piercing?
If the chlorine level is correctly maintained this should not be a problem.
yes, the chlorine will infect the inside of the piercing. Not to mention all of the germs floating around in whatever body of water you are swimming in. although, if you've only had the piercing for 2 weeks, when you take it out, it will instantly heal seeing as you've not given it enough time to heal. so technically, if you take it out and go swimming an hour later or something, it will have…
It certainly can. The chemicals (not actually literally "chlorine", but that's a common name for them, and they do often contain chlorine) used to disinfect swimming pools are generally bleaching agents to a greater or lesser extent, and will frequently cause hair to lighten in color. They can also cause damage to the hair itself.
I don't know the exact chemical reaction but my wife and I were told by the jewler not to wear our wedding rings in the pool. I took chemistry in college and I'm pretty sure chlorine forms hydrochloric acid in water, so there is a dilute acidic solution in swimming pools. So the reaction involved is between a metal and an acid.
I have been swimming everyday for a whole week, and this whole week i could not go to sleep at all. I am betting it is from the chlorene in the swimming pools. i really think too much chlorene to skin contact can cause this. i barely got any sleep this week. So from now on, i do not swim everyday. So yes, chlorene does affect your sleep.
Follow the directions from the professional who did the piercing. Like any procedure, it is likely to be preferable to avoid pools, lakes or other bodies of water until it has completely healed. Avoid wearing the jewelry into the pool after that. Find a good way to clean the area once you are finished and before you put the jewelry back in. You can used pre-packaged saline without additives or make your own: Dissolve 1/4…
It could possibly tint your hair green. Your hair won't completely turn green, it will just be a little more visible when your standing in direct sunlight. Aside from that, chlorine damadges any hair, whether it was dyed or not. Wet your hair before you go swimming. If your hair is already wet, it will be less likely to absorb the chlorine.
It depends on what kind of lip piercing you're talking about. For a labret piercing, it'd seriously affect the reed and make it impossible to play. Plus it'd hurt like hell. For a piercing on the side (snake bites, spider bites, a ring on the side) it would probably affect your embouchure, but it would likely still be possible to play.