Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-08-14 03:17:28
2011-08-14 03:17:28

No. Auto insurance will only cover the vehicle and items that came installed standard on the vehicle. You can, however make a claim on your homeowners insurance for other items stolen from your vehicle. Homeowners insurance gives you coverage for items off premises up to 10% of your contents coverage on the policy. This is to cover situations like this, thefts or damage while on vacation, and even dependent children's items while in a dorm room. The biggest problem is that you will have a deductible for damage to the car and another deductible for the items stolen and covered on the homeowners policy.


Related Questions

cover kids computer from highschool?

If you have off premise coverage on your policy and the stolen items were scheduled on your homeowners insurance policy then Yes, you should be covered for those items. Contact your insurance agent for clarification of your insurance coverage.

In general no, vandalism of an automobile is covered by the vehicles auto insurance policy. However you may have coverage for certain household belongings while outside the premises so check your policy or contact you agent if some of the stolen items were household items.

Once the insurance company has paid the claim for stolen items they become the legal owners of the items.

That depends on the policy that you have with your insurance company. When I had my truck broken into, my policy covered the iPod and stereo that were stolen, plus my rental while my truck was in the shop.

No, Your home insurance policy is specific to the named insured(s) property and contents if covered.

I recommend you contact your insurance company, and inform them of the recovered goods

Many auto insurance policies will cover stolen items from your vehicle but only a very limited amount. For instance, if you have your vehicle broken into and your AM/FM/CD unit is stolen along with your case of 24 CDs, your policy will most likely cover the AM/FM/CD unit and only 1 or 2 of the CDs. Each policy is different. It is best to call the agent who sold you the policy.

I think that your insurance covers the items that were yours that were stolen, and the company's covers the car damage.

RAC does cover insurance on items when one has subscribed to their Personal Valuable Insurance. Items that can be covered include digital camera, jewelry, laptops, watches and many others.

Yes, if it is personal items not attached to the vehicle that is stolen (such as a laptop). If it attached to the vehicle (stereo, tires) it would go under the auto insurance policy. Also, the items must be owned by the policyholder.

Often, hiomeowners coverage will cover the loss of items on one's car.

Absolutely not. Any personal items in your car would have to be covered by a homeowner or renter's insurance policy. All deductibles would apply separately.

Up to $500 cover for personal items stolen from your car Rental car use for up to 14 days if your car is stolen and not recovered Legal liability for up to $20 million A range of options including cover for accidental windscreen and glass damage A quick and easy claims process CTP insurance also available

It should. Read your insurance policy, or call your agent.

Popular insurance companies that cover automobile insurance most often do home insurance as well. Since home insurance typically covers the home in case of a disaster, your policy may not cover loss of possessions. Speak with your agent to find a home insurance coverage plan that also protects your items. You might only be insured up to a certain amount.

The answer is in your particular policy, but if it does not your renters or homeowners policy may cover those items.

If the items are scheduled on your homeowners insurance policy for coverage, the items belong to you and the garage is the same one at the insured home, then you should have no problem with coverage.

Possessions are things you own. Thus in its simplest for 'possessions insurance' would be an insurance policy that you would need to purchase to cover the replacement of all or some of your possessions should they be lost, broken, stolen or destroyed by fire or flood. Normally such a policy would refer to the contents of your home (household or contents insurance - the building itself would need to be covered by a separate insurance policy) but the policy may also cover specified items (or items up to a maximum value) that you may have with you when you are out of your house. A special form of possessions insurance is needed for the things you take with you when you travel abroad, and this 'Travel insurance' would also cover medical emergencies when you are abroad.

No. Warranty covers flaws in the products. Something getting stolen isn't a flaw in the product. Stolen items might be covered by your home insurance.

Tenant insurances covers both liability and the contents of the place one is renting. It covers a large number of items, including but not limited to flood damage, stolen property, and destruction of property.

It is a home you are buying to rent out, and you are only wanting insurance to cover the property not items

It may provide coverage... this is a tricky question for a number of reasons. 1) What are the items stolen? 2) How long have you been insured by this company? 3) Was there evidence of forced entry to the locker? 4) Did you immediately file a police report? With answers to these questions I can give you a pretty good idea.

No. It covers only loss of card.

Yes. It depends on the items and if you have proof of their value. Yes. It depends on the items and if you have proof of their value.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.