answersLogoWhite

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2010-11-24 06:35:21

you bet it can. unfortunately.

001
๐Ÿ™
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0
User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions


Chlorine is a toxic gas, can be used as a lethal gas in the war.



No, exposure to radon gas, even a large amount, won't give you a headache. Radon is an inert or noble gas, and it is radioactive. Radon exposure is a bad thing as it is the second most common cause of lung cancer. But you won't be able to detect radon by any of your senses, and it will not directly cause you to be "sick" or for a "migrane" to appear. It will, after time, cause cancer because the radiation damage your lungs get from the long exposure. In the mean time, you won't feel a thing. At least not because of an exposure to radon gas.



No it is not, cause the chlorine in gas is actually condesed, therefore air is heavier


Chlorine gas is a poisonous gas and if you inhale it it can do a variety of different things depending on where it was released and the concentration. Chlorine gas when accidentally made at home can cause little to virtually no damage to you. However, in an industrial setting Chlorine gas can cause lung damage and at concentrations at 4000 pp can cause death. However, reaching those sort of concentrations are rare. Most people only suffer minor injuries when exposed to an industrial amount of chlorine. Chlorine gas when inhaled will destory your lungs and reacts with water to create hydrochloric acid which can do more damage. Chlorine gas was used in World War I but most soldiers exposed didnt die from the Chlorine gas but more from the explosions of bombs made from it.


it will combine and a yellow mist will rise. the gas is called chlorine gas and is very harmful to your respiratory system. prolonged exposure can cause serious damage. don't mix it in a sealed container.


Carbon Monoxide can cause the symptoms of vomiting, headache and dizziness.



Chlorine gas was the first poison gas used by the Germans in WW1. Chlorine bleach and other chlorine compounds may cause first and second degree chemical burns to any part of the body, especially the eyes, and chlorine gas can sear and destroy alveoli in the lungs.


"The health effects resulting from most chlorine exposures begin within seconds to minutes. The severity of the signs and symptoms caused by chlorine will vary according to amount, route and duration of exposure. Inhalation: Most chlorine exposures occur via inhalation. Low level exposures to chlorine in air will cause eye/skin/airway irritation, sore throat and cough. Chlorine's odor provides adequate early warning of its presence, but also causes olfactory fatigue or adaptation, reducing awareness of one's prolonged exposure at low concentrations. At higher levels of exposure, signs and symptoms may progress to chest tightness, wheezing, dyspnea, and bronchospasm. Severe exposures may result in noncardiogenic pulmonary edema, which may be delayed for several hours. Ingestion: Since chlorine is a gas at room temperature, it is unlikely that a severe exposure will result from ingestion. However, ingestion of chlorine dissolved in water (e.g., sodium hypochlorite or household bleach) will cause corrosive tissue damage of the gastrointestinal tract. Eye/Dermal Contact: Low level exposures to chlorine gas will cause eye and skin irritation. Higher exposures may result in severe chemical burns or ulcerations. Exposure to compressed liquid chlorine may cause frostbite of the skin and eyes." as seen on http://www.health.state.ny.us/environmental/emergency/chemical_terrorism/chlorine_tech.htm


Chlorine and Fluorine cause split in ozone. They are present as CFC's.


Mustard Gas unlike Chlorine gas and made severe burns and irritation to the skin. In some cases a lot of mustard gas could burn the eyes and like Chlorine can cause blindness.


Yes, chlorine gas can be seen. Chlorine in its elemental state is a green gas.


Yes and it can cause headaches, cancer, and other health problems such as breathing and such!


No. Chlorine gas is 100% chlorine and nothing else.



Chlorine gas is a pulmonary irritant. Breathing of chlorine gas is the most harmful exposure and effects begin almost immediately. They include wheezing, sore throat, cough, airway irritation, eye irritation, and skin irritation to name just a few.



Radon is a cause of lung cancers, no problems with the intestines.


Chlorine gas is liquefied by cooling and pressurizing it.


The formula of chlorine gas is Cl2.


No. Chlorine gas is highly toxic.


None. Chlorine gas is neutral.


The formula for chlorine gas, as opposed to elemental chlorine, is Cl2.



Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.