Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2014-03-27 04:44:22
2014-03-27 04:44:22

In general no, vandalism of an automobile is covered by the vehicles auto insurance policy.

However you may have coverage for certain household belongings while outside the premises so check your policy or contact you agent if some of the stolen items were household items.


Related Questions

No, Renters insurance is coverage specific to household property or contents owned by the named insured. It does not cover the property of others and it does not cover automobiles. Neither Renters insurance nor Homeowners insurance will cover damage to an automobile. That's what auto Insurance is for.

If you have contents coverage on your renters policy, Not just liability for the landlord and the television was damaged by a covered peril then yes it would be covered.

If YOUR belongings were in the friend's car and they were stolen, they are covered on YOUR homeowners or renters policy. If your friend's belongings were stolen from a car, HIS or HER homeowners/renters policy would pay.

Most homeowners insurance policies cover the contents of your home. If you are a renter you will need to purchase renters insurance. Your landlords insurance only covers the structure and not the contents inside. When you are looking for contents coverage it is best to stick with the major insurance brands such as Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers.

No. Normally personal property stolen from a vehicle is covered by the contents coverage of your homeowner's or renters insurance. But in many homeowners and renter's policies there is a severe limit on the amount of cash covered or it may be excluded altogether.

Generally speaking car insurance companies do not cover the contents of your vehicle unless this coverage is specially added to your policy. In some cases, your homeowner's policy will cover the contents of your car.

No. That's what renters insurance is for.

Other than home owners insurance covering your primary residence where you live and rental property insurance covering a home that you rent to others there are a few differences in types of coverage. While most home owners policies cover the building you live in as well as your contents (TV, Clothes, etc...), most rental property policies cover only the building. This is because in a rental property situation you usually do not own the contents inside and the renters have renters insurance to cover their own contents.

You can obtain renters insurance that would cover damage to the contents. The homeowner should already have hazard insurance, so there is not any point in your trying to purchase that.

No, a homeowners insurance policy does not provide coverage for the property of a tenant. That's what "Renters Insurance" is for.If the renter chose not to purchase a renter insurance policy, Then the renter was negligent to the extent that the renter chose not to purchase a renter insurance policy, perhaps with the mistaken belief that the owners policy would cover them.

Yes, your insurance may go down. Make sure to iofnrm the renters they might want to consider renters insurance as your policy will only cover the dwelling but not the contents inside (the renters property). It's free to get a quote, and generally it's inexpensive.

No, Your home insurance policy is specific to the named insured(s) property and contents if covered.

.....the same as when the power is on.......

Renters insurance can be purchased for an apartment or rented home or condo. Most standard policies come with contents coverage, liability coverage, and reimbursement for external living expenses in the event that your residence is significantly damaged. Here is an informative article I found on how to find affordable renters insurance:

If your parents bought their house they do not need renters insurance but they do need house insurance. They should insure the house for two things, one for the contents and any damage to the home, and two if there is a mortgage they should have insurance to cover that in the event that anything should happen to either of them.

Renters insurance can cover loss in case of fire, theft, accident. Your possessions are not covered by the building owners insurance policy.

It depends on the level of coverages you chose when you shopped your renters insurance rate. If you chose the cheapest rate available then you may have no coverage at all available through your renters policy. If you elected coverage for off premise property, then certain household contents that may have been stolen from your vehicle can be covered. But the auto itself no, That would be covered by the comprehensive portion of your auto insurance policy

most of the time NO renters insurance only covers whats in an APARTMENT. However you can get insurance from the storage unit to cover whats being stored in the unit..hope this helps

Homeowner's insurance WILL NOT cover stolen motorcycles. Motorcycles is an automobile. Sorry!

Typically, renters insurance covers the contents of the rental unit when in the rental unit. Whether it covers it during the course of a move depends on the terms of the insurance policy. However, it is common that a moving company will offer property insurance to the customer for an additional fee (the equivalent of a premium).

Renters Insurance doe snot cover "Real Property". If you have purchased a home then you need a Homeowners Insurance Policy.

Is homeowner liability for a fire?No, This is why it is recommended that tenants obtain a renters insurance policy to cover their belongings and personal liability. The owners insurance is for the owners own property and legal liabilities, so unless the owner is somehow responsible for starting the fire, the owner would not be liable for the tenants property.

Your home renters insurance will cover you for loss or damage to the property which you own and which is kept within your rental property. Any damage to the actual structure of the building would be covered by the landlord's insurance.

Highly unlikely, All renters insurance policies specifically exclude claims arising out of the use or ownership of a trampoline.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.