How do rivers get polluted?
March 04, 2016 7:18AM
- Rivers are polluted by people throwing oil and gas into them
- Rivers get polluted when the factories dump their waste into the rivers.
- Farmers use weedkiller to kill unnecessary plants that grow in their fields, then this spray goes to the river and pollutes it.
- Oil spills also causes river pollution.
- People throw litter in the rivers that may harm the wildlife in the river.
- Rivers get polluted because people put water back in rivers before it is clean.
- People use them to dispose of waste such as sewage.
- Rivers get polluted by the continuous dumping of waste into the rivers. That includes all paper, oil in some cases, toxins dumped by factories, other trash, etc.
- Oil drips from vehicles onto roadways get washed into waterways by rain.