Asked in European CarsHeadlights Tail and Brake LightsRange RoverLand Rover Discovery
How do you change a headlight bulb in a 2003 land rover discovery ll?
September 13, 2011 12:07AM
You can do it. I have a 2004 LR Discovery and think the procedure is the same for a 2003. Open the hood and then:
1. Remove 2 bolts and 2 phillip head bolts from the plastic plate holding the top of the headlight unit and remove the plate.
2. Remove the grill by removing 3 plastic screws holding top of grill and pull the grill up and out.
3. Open the plastic plate (no tool required) located on the grill side of headlight unit and unscrew the Phillips head bolt that holds the bottom of the unit in place.
4. Pull the headlight unit forward.
5. Turn the round cap behind the bulb to be replaced counterclockwise and remove.
Be sure not to touch the glass part of the bulb or get it wet.