i just flushed my radiator on my 2001 impala
if your car hasn't hasn't been flushed in a while, i recommend adding a radiator cleaner and driving a day or 2 to help break-up gunk..
1. remove plastic protector under radiator and fans (5 screws)
2. carefully unscrew butterfly screw under the radiator( very hard to find on this vehicle but it's on the driver side) ( use an adjustable wrench because screw is very tight from factory!)
3. let all coolant drain
4. add new anti-freeze at a 50% to 70% coolant-water ratio depending on average temp in your area.
5. start car with heater on to remove any air from radiatorFlush1. Park the vehicle on a level surface with engine switched off and heater switch turned to on position. Cover the engine to protect it from splashes.
2. Take off the radiator cap. Turn tap at bottom of radiator to let water out and disconnect upper and lower radiator hoses.
3. Inspect the condition of the hoses. If they are brittle or soggy replace them with new ones.
4. Inspect the old liquid that comes out of the radiator. If it is clean, that's good. If it's dirty, especially if it's brown with rust, the system needs an extra special flushing. Whatever happens flush the system anyway.
5. Put the water hose into the top of the radiator and let it gently flush through for a while, hopefully until the water runs clean again.
6. Put the hose in the bottom radiator outlet and reverse flush. Then flush from the top again .
7. Flush through the engine cooling jacket to remove any deposits.
8. With a very dirty radiator use a can of radiator flush. This involves putting the hoses back on, topping up with water again, inserting the flush treatment and running the engine for a while to loosen corrosion deposits. Then you empty the radiator again and flush again with a water hose, as previously described.
9. When flushing is completed, close radiator tap, refit hoses and fill radiator with 50/50 mix of the proper coolant and distilled water.
10. Before replacing the radiator cap, check its condition. If it is old or rusted, put a new one on.
11. Bleed the system to remove any trapped air.
How do you get 1000000 robux for free?
What's the most outdated thing you still use today?
How old is Danielle cohn?
How many people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4 1776?
What Is John Doe password on roblox?
How many hundreds are in 8000?
What is the quotient of 84 and 12?
The more you take the more you leave behind what am I?
What is modal fabric??
What were George Washingtons false teeth made from?
Who was Yale University named after?
What determines whether you are left or right handed?
What would you do if the internet was suddenly gone?
What is the longest plate appearance in MLB history?
What is the official name of the Statue of Liberty?
Why can't we remember our dreams?
What are the benefits and possible pitfalls of having an official curriculum?
What are advantages and disadvantages of micro planning?
Is August Alsina Haitian?
TP-6 What should you do when fueling an outboard boat with a portable tank?
BA-28 which is a recommended water-skiing safety practice?
What negativity did Paul Harvey report about Andrew Wommack?
Why can you steer out of a potential problem situation quicker than you can stop for it?
What do literary critics do when they make interpretations?
Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.