Title Insurance
Real Estate

How do you get a license to be a Maryland title producer?



User Avatar
Wiki User


In order to become a Maryland title producer, one must first attend a Maryland certified pre-licensing course. The course is offered by serveral providers approved by the Maryland Insurance Administration. One of the providers is The Training Exchange. Please visit www.TheTrainingExchange.com for their information. Upon completion of the pre-licensing course you must take the Maryland licensing exam, often licensing classes will give you information on were to find a testing center. If you pass the exam, you must obtain a fidelity bond in the amount of $150,000. After all that has been completed, you may then mail in an application for a Maryland title producer license. It should also be noted that in order to perform settlements in Maryland, it is also necessary to become a Maryland notary.

If you act as an independent title insurance producer, the bond requirement may be waived. You may be added to the blanket policy of the company that you are performing services for.