1. get 2 pairs of imagoes of rhino beetle
2. get 5 containers to rear them
3. get a water sprayer
4. mix decaying wood, decaying leaves and soil and fill half of each container with it
5. put twigs in it this helps them to climb when they fall
6. keep each of them in separate container ,5th container is for breeding
7. get some food such as apple, banana, insect jelly, honey, tree sap
8. feeding them sugar from sugarcane makes them larger and stronger.
9. spray water in the containers don't make them wet just make them moisturized
steps 10,11,12 are for breeding
10. at breeding time feed the female with proten rich food you can pour some yogurt to the insect jelly
11. get some wood that is decaying with fungus in the 5th container
12. put one pair in the 5th container if they are fighting try another pair if female starts digging hole in wood put male in another container do not disturb the 5th container for 2 days after the female stops digging holes in it remove the female from the container and pour the mixture of decaying wood, decaying leaves and soil and spray water on it as u do with other containers, larvae may take 1to 3 years to grow
Despite their intimidating looks, Rhino Beetles do not bite. Some people even keep them as pets. They eat things like rotting fruits and tree sap. Completely harmless.
The Rhino beetles has wings, but it cannot fly as easily as other beetles.
Rhino beetles are found in every state. If you have a compost search that. They like scraps.
Yes . Rhino beetle are fat . Hehek^^
what do rhino beetles look like
Rhino beetles are scarab beetles belonging to the subfamily Dynastinae. There are many species and each species has its own food preferences. Larvae of the coconut rhinoceros beetle, Oryctes rhinoceros, usually feed on decaying plant material, especially coconut logs, but they can also be found in manure. In the lab, we are rearing them on a steer manure blend which we purchase from garden stores. In Japan, where kids keep rhino beetles as pets, pet stores sell a special jelly for the larvae.
Rhino beetles mate and then the female will lay the eggs. The female usually lays about 50 eggs which hatch into larvae.
…_…|..,----------------\, , ……/ ..-…………………….--………….|] …../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;---.:/ …..), -.(_(_) …./ ….// (..) ), --"…//………..// ..//………..// .//………..//
rhino beetles protect itself by there strong bite and by there look.
Stag beetles eats sweets things like inside the wood
No, beetles are insects and have no backbones.
for 1 week!
yes they are
of course you can:) it's just like a zoo you can keep lots of animals and beetles in a box/tub
The life span of the rhino beetle is not exact as it can vary depending on its habitat
yes they are
they live in rotten wood you dumdum
yes for their survival.
Apparently, rhino beetles in Singapore are hard come by. However, some places in Singapore where it is said that you can find them are Pasir Ris Park and Changi.
Yah you can.. They're harmless. Just feed them decaying wood. keep them in a well ventilated container though.
Cows and on some occasions, people. In some parts of the world rhino beetles are a delicacy
Tree sap and rotten wood
around a year