How many burritos do Americans eat each month?
- Total US population in 2010 is 310.3 million.
- From US Total we take away population from 0 - 4, (since they cannot chew burritos) roughly 21 million.
- So 5 and older are 289.3 million.
- States with the highest consumption of burritos have to be CA, AZ, NM, TX, IL and NY, given food culture and ethnic composition.
- Assume that the average person older than 5 eats one burrito per week in those states.
- Roughly, total population older than 5 in CA + AZ + NM + TX + IL + NY = 34.9 + 6.22 + 1.89 + 23.37 + 12.17 + 18.43 = 96.98.
- And say that the rest of Americans, on average eat one burrito every month.
- So approximately, every month we are looking at 386.26 million Burritos.