Asked in Dieting and Weight LossNutritionCalorie Count
How many calories are in chicken?
June 24, 2015 10:49AM
HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN CHICKEN
Here are examples for cooked chicken (roasted, grilled or broiled) both with and without skin.
COOKED BREAST, WITH THE SKIN REMOVED BEFORE EATING
- 46 to 47 calories in each ounce, or 28g, of breast
- 142 calories in one small size breast
- 165 calories in 3.5 ounce, or 100g, of breast
- 188 calories in an average serving of 4 ounces, or 113
- 231 calories in 1 cup of chopped/diced breast
- 752 calories in 1 pound (16 ounces) of breast
COOKED LEGS, DRUMSTICK, THIGHS, SKIN REMOVED BEFORE EATING
- 53 to 57 calories in each ounce, or 28g, of leg meat
- 200 calories in 3.5 ounces, 100g, of leg meat
- 181 calories in 1 average size leg, this includes the drumstick & thigh
- 109 calories in 1 average size thigh
- 76 calories in 1 average size drumstick
- 267 calories in 1 cup of chopped/diced leg meat
COOKED BREAST: INCLUDING EATING THE SKIN
- 55-56 calories in each ounce, or 28g, of breast
- 224 calories in an average serving, 4 ounces, or 113g
- 336 calories in a 6 oz, or 170g, breast
COOKED LEGS, DRUMSTICK, THIGHS: INCLUDING EATING THE SKIN
- 265 calories in a 4 ounce, or 114g, leg, this includes the thigh & drumstick
- 112 calories in one average size drumstick
- 153 calories in one average size thigh
For the free calorie charts showing how many calories you should have in total per day for all foods, and for the calories counts of the vegetables and fruits that are served with chicken, see the page links given below. Use the charts as daily guides for weight loss, or weight maintenance once you have reached your target weight.
- HOW MANY CALORIES PER DAY (for weight loss or weight maintenance)
- THE CALORIES IN VEGETABLES CHART
- THE CALORIES IN FRUIT CHART
24 people, + others elsewhere, found this answer page useful.
Video: Low calorie zingy chicken salad