How many times in the New Testament is the word walk used?
In the King James version
the word - walk - appears 212 times, 65 times in the New Testament
- 23384 Mat 9:5 For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?
- 23464 Mat 11:5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.
- 23664 Mat 15:31 Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.
- 24269 Mar 2:9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
- 24468 Mar 7:5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?
- 25130 Luk 5:23 Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk?
- 25217 Luk 7:22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.
- 25449 Luk 11:44 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are as graves which appear not, and the men that walk over them are not aware of them.
- 25551 Luk 13:33 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem.
- 25825 Luk 20:46 Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;
- 26008 Luk 24:17 And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?
- 26218 Joh 5:8 Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
- 26221 Joh 5:11 He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.
- 26222 Joh 5:12 Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?
- 26329 Joh 7:1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.
- 26393 Joh 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
- 26532 Joh 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
- 26533 Joh 11:10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.
- 26615 Joh 12:35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
- 27002 Act 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
- 27008 Act 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? Or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?
- 27430 Act 14:16 Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.
- 27685 Act 21:21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.
- 28034 Rom 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
- 28072 Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
- 28117 Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
- 28120 Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
- 28279 Rom 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
- 28413 1 Cor 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
- 28504 1 Cor 7:17 But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.
- 28884 2 Cor 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
- 28914 2 Cor 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
- 28974 2 Cor 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
- 29178 Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
- 29187 Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
- 29204 Gal 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
- 29239 Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
- 29273 Eph 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
- 29289 Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
- 29306 Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
- 29312 Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
- 29319 Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
- 29437 Phi 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
- 29438 Phi 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
- 29439 Phi 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
- 29475 Col 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
- 29500 Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
- 29547 Col 4:5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
- 29582 1 The 2:12 That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.
- 29604 1 The 4:1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
- 29615 1 The 4:12 That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.
- 29689 2 The 3:11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
- 30510 2 Pet 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
- 30546 1 Joh 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
- 30547 1 Joh 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
- 30556 1 Joh 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
- 30651 2 Joh 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
- 30662 3 Joh 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
- 30690 Jud 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
- 30750 Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
- 30860 Rev 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
- 30969 Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
- 31077 Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
the word - walked - appears 122 times, 21 times in the New Testament
the word - walkedst - appears once, once in the New Testament
the word - walkest - appears 7 times, 3 times in the New Testament
the word - walketh - appears 41 times, 7 times in the New Testament
the word - walking - appears 30 times, 16 times in the New Testament