Best Answer

Go to your City Hall in your area and research at City Planning and they will put you in the right direction. You should beable to find out when the property first existed and when the house was built.

A home is considered a heritage home anywhere from 80 - 100+ years old. There are also wonderful Heritage Home Groups you can belong too and it would be well worth your while to join as you could find out even more about your home. For example: who were the previous owners, what did they do for a living, etc. You'll get hooked on it! Maybe there is even a ghost or two. Boo! LOL

I live in British Columbia lower mainland and we are fighting to keep our heritage homes in tact. It's sad that the government doesn't mind tearing down these beautiful old homes for new development. I live in a rancher built in 1954, but not classed as a heritage home. I did find out that a Sea Captain had owned it, then a gardener by trade (that is why we have the beautiful gardens we have and we have lovingly kept it up) and then a Scottish couple bought the property and we bought it from them. I found out most of this info from our local City Hall and old neighbors that have lived here for 60 - 70 years.

Good luck and enjoy!


User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-15 19:18:41
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


20 cards

What were the two most influential early civilizations on the European continent

What is an example of an artifact

What were key features of early civilizations

In 1929 why did the stock market crash

See all cards

US Presidents

20 cards

What science is related to the study of world history

What act enforced prohibition

Where did most immigrants to the US come from between 1820 and 1860

What music did Blues influence

See all cards

French Revolution

20 cards

What does imperialism mean in world war 1

Who ordered the construction of the Taj Mahal in India

The Congress in Vienna put on the French throne

What did the July Revolution bring about

See all cards

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How would you find out if a home or property is historical?
Write your answer...
Related questions

What country is the home office of Dundee Property located in?

The home office of Dundee Property is located in the United Kingdom. To confirm this, someone could find this on the official website of Zoopla, they have all the information one would need.

How do I find out what the taxes are on a particular property?

You can find out the taxes on a particular property through the town clerk of where the home is located.

Where can I find property tax information for my home?

Your local property tax office.

Where is the best places to find information about buying a home in Vancouver?

The best places to find information about purchasing a home in Vancouver would be some local or international real estate company websites. Some examples of such websites include Realty Link, Trulia and Find a Property.

Where can you find realtors in Milwaukee?

There are a number of realtors in Milwaukee who could help you find your ideal property. It is important that you have an idea of the type of home you would like and the area in which you would like to live before visiting a realtor in your designated area.

How can property providers help someone find a new home in the UK?

Property providers can help someone to find a new home in the UK by providing the home seekers with information about homes that are conveniently built to be closer to schools, transportation, and other necessary amenities.

How do i find out who mortgaged someone's home?

A property can only be mortgaged by someone that OWNS the property. A mortgage is a loan that is secured by the value of the property. I cannot get a mortgage on property that I do not own, since I have no right to that property. The mortgage company would be considered a lien holder- they have a claim against the property for as much as the unpaid amount of the loan. Lienholders will be listed on the deed to the property, which is recorded by the County Clerk or Recorder.

Do I have to buy my neighbor's empty lot if my house is encroaching on it?

If your home is one their property, that would be a good solution to allow you to keep the property and the home. If you are not actually on the property, then you should attempt to get a variance for the encroachment.

What is a decent price for a rental property investment?

That depends on where you live and what type of money you would like to make off of the property. It is best to go to your local assessors office and find out the market value of a home before you make the purchase.

How do you remove your name from a home or property title?

One way would be for you to sell the property to someone else. If there is a mortgage on the home or property, then you need the lender's permission to remove your name from the title, and they are unlikely to allow it.

If your mother sells you her home but has lifetime rights can you sell the property?

You cannot sell the property without your mother's consent. She has the right to the use and possession of the property for the duration of her natural life. A prospective purchaser's attorney would find evidence of the life estate durnig the examination of the title and would insist on a release from your mother before closing on the deal.

Where can one find foreclosure property in Scottsdale?

One can find foreclosure property in Scottsdale at the website "Every Scottsdale Home". It belongs to the company Real Estate Experts. They can locate the finest property and negotiate the best deals.

If a home has a river with roads housesfields and trees between is that considered waterfront property?

The portion of the property that abuts the river would be riverfront property.

Can you refinance your separate property home if you are legally separated?

You can refinance your property if a bank agrees to refinance your property. If they find out you are separated, they could choose not to lend you more money.

How would you find property in Lahore?

Lahore is one of Pakistan's largest and most busy cities. In your back, you have a lot of work to do. You cannot sell a home. That is unlikely. You can sell your home in Lahore easily online and find the best offers for your home, when everyone wants to live better in a big city. For more information, Visit our official website

How do I find a good property claims adjuster?

To find your local property claims adjuster, you should be able to get a referral from your home insurance company. They usually have their own people they send out to do estimates.

Where can someone find information about investing in residential property?

One can find more information about investing in residential property from: Knight Frank, CBS, Guardian, Investopedia, Home Guides, Property Observer, Savills Resident Investment, Hearth Stone.

What is the value of real property when its sold called?

When a property of a home is sold, the tax amount is called the real market value. The actual value of the home would have to be determined by an appraiser.

Who needs to get property insurance?

Anyone that has a home that they own, even if it is not paid for needs to get property insurance. Property insurance is a type of home owners insurance. If you would like to save money make sure that you get quotes from several companies. Property insurance is a must for everyone.

How do I go about renting a home?

Newspapers are a great souce to find home rentals. Many Real Estate companies have listings for home rentals as well. You can also inquire with rental property agencies to find home rentals in your area.

Where can I go online to find property records?

One website that does do property records is It gives you, Ownership deals, home valuations, property records, and more. This website is very helpful

How can someone find out their home equity?

Home equity can be found by having a home appraiser walk the property. This is important because the value of the home is needed to know how much money is actually invested in the home.

What if you can't pay your property tax?

If you can't pay your property tax, eventually your home would be taken for payment of back taxes.

Why would a spouse be considered a secondary owner of real estate property?

Either because they jointly participated in the purchase or jointly obtained a loan on the home, or because the home is located in a community property state.

If you purchased a home with your ex-roommate can she refinance the home in her name only to remove your name from the loan since you have moved out?

No, if your name is on the home you are 1/2 the legal owner of the property. You are then responsible for 1/2 of the loan. If your roommate can qualify for the loan on her own you would have to reliquish your rights to the property to remove you from the ownership of the property