Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2006-06-10 05:10:17

No lovey not if your the one At Fault... Insurance only covers the other person if your at fault sorry honey..... It depends on what insurance coverage you have. The liability coverage that all states require you to carry on any registered vehicle will cover the other person's damage. If you also purchased collision insurance, that will pay for your vehicle (less the deductable).

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

If two cars crash and neither driver has insurance, the police officer arriving on the scene will of course both issue you tickets for no insurance, and your license can be suspended. The officer will also determine who was at fault, generally the faulty party is responsible for damages. Otherwise you are both on your own for being negligent for not having insurance at the time of the accident.

Whoever is determined to be at fault for the accident. Best thing to do may just be to pay for your own cars.

If it was your fault then your freind is liable for the damages. If it was the other guys fault then his insurance will pay for it. Keep in mind, while legally it is the owners responsibility for the damages, he can sue you if he wanted to.

If you are driving an uninsured car that you own and you get into an accident that is your fault, then you have to personally pay for the various expenses that may result from that accident, which includes both the cost resulting from damage to the cars involved, and also any medical expenses which result from injuries to people in those cars. Since you also are legally required to have insurance, the police may impose additional penalties.

Yes. All registered drivers are required to hold liability insurance, which means that if they cause an accident, their insurance will pay for damages to the other peoples' cars. So, if the person does hold the required insurance, and is entirely at fault, your damages will be covered.

In any state where no-fault auto insurance is required by law, you recover the cost of damage to your auto and to its occupants from your own insurance company. There is no need to prove who was at fault in the accident. For example, if two cars crash each other, each goes to its own insurance company to be reimbursed for the physical damage and medical costs which result.

No, Homeowners insurance is for the house. it does not cover cars or car accident claims.

If you back into a car you are at fault, especially if the other vehicle was parked. You are the one with the responsibility to look behind you and to avoid the accident. If both cars are moving all bets are off.

Cars in the roundabout have the right of way over cars entering the roundabout.

All cars being driven on the public roads need to have at least third party insurance to be legally on the road.Third party insurance means that if, when driving your car, you have an accident that harms someone else (hit a house, kill a cow, hit another car, or injure a pedestrian) the cost of this (repairing the house, replacing the cow, mending the other car, compensating the pedestrian) will be paid for by the insurance (unless you are very rich you would not be able to meet these costs). Thus all cars must have this insurance or if you do have an accident the people you harm will not be compensated when the accident is your fault.You can voluntarily purchase a higher level of insurance which would also compensate you for your losses/injuries if you have an accident that was your fault. This is comprehensiveinsurance.Please do not drive a car if you do not have third part insurance, apart from breaking the law, if you do harm someone then there will be no money to help them.

If neither vehicle was insured you will have to sue the other party in order to collect any damages. Drunk driving is a contributing factor but really whichever party is at fault for any reason will be liable to the other party. The bad news is that if the person did not have insurance the probably don't have assets to pay the damages. This is why you need insurance and uninsured motorists coverage.

It depends on who is at fault for the accident. Also, in most cases, if you have other cars that are insured, and the accident happened within 30 days of the purchase, there should be coverage under that policy.

I've got a feeling there is more to this than the question states. The answer is if you caused the accident and the police and/or insurance investigator state that you caused the accident then yes you can be at fault and liabile to pay for damages. For full disclosure, I own and operate a small Independent Insurance Agency in Gordon, Georgia and have for 22 years. I also worked as an agent for a direct writer for 3 years before that.

Both partys are at fault and each party will need to file there vehicle under there own insurance. Parking lot accidents are always share fault unless one of the vehicle was parked, but since both vehicles were backing out at the same time, both partys are at fault unless you get a kind person to admit it was there fault.

Actually I asked this question because it has happened to me. However I just got my offer report from my insurance company and the ACV wasn't affected at all. They went on the cars condition prior to the accident. I suppose the answer here is it depends on your insurance company.

It depends on the policy wording (what you purchased with the policy). Most governments require all cars to have basic third party insurance to be legally on the road. Third party insurance covers all property and people damaged or injured by the driver of a car if that driver is at fault - the "people injured" will include passengers in the car of the driver at fault. Comprehensive insurance covers all that third party insurance does but also includes the drivers car and the driver, even if the driver is at fault. The insurance companies covering the two cars will work out between them which insurance pays for what. Basically passengers, bystanders and drivers not at fault will get paid out by the insurance of the driver who was at fault. However injured passengers should pursue their claim against both drivers (let the insurance companies courts decide who pays in the end) individually. They need to get their own legal representation - get their own attorney /solicitor. THEY WILL NOT BE "LOOKED AFTER" they HAVE to claim for themselves.

If you were at fault, then you are liable for all costs. Whether you have insurance or not does not negate your liability. In most states if you fail to pay for the claimants losses you will lose your driving priviledges for up to 10 years or until you pay the bill which ever comes first. If the other person has insurance to pay for their losses then you will be required to re-imburse that Insurance Company for the damages you caused, You are still the at fault party and are liable for the damages. If you don't pay the Insurance company they can also turn it over to a collection agency and it will definitely affect your credit for the next 10 years. Basically to sum up. If you don't pay the damages you will likely lose your credit rating as well as your drivers license for the next 10 years. Good Luck

"Like any other car insurance, Swinton car insurance offers insurance on cars so that if you get into a car accident, you have the insurance to cover you in costs."

Fault is typically determined by police reports and accident witness(es). In a rear end accident the vehicle striking another in the rear is typically at fault. With multiple cars it is up to the reporting police officer to determine fault.

The un-insured driver will have to turn to their health insurance company for coverage if he carried no auto insurance.

-The insurance company for the first car that spun out of control will not be liable to either of the cars involved in the accident since the first car didn't directly cause the accident. -If your insurance has full coverage, then it will pay for the damage to your car and perhaps for the other car that collided with you -The insurance co. of the car that collided with you may not be liable to pay for damages to you since it was not the fault of their driver that caused damage to your car. -It would be best to speak to your insurance company's agent and explain the entire incident and see what are your best options. No citation means undetermined fault. In this case it is up to the Insurance co. to handle the issue. Most of the times and depending on what kind of an accident it was, the claim may end up in court, then it is up to the Judge to decide.

I would have to say 'let the insurance handle it' assuming the 16 yr old in question was covered by the insurance. Otherwise, I'd have to say that 16 yr old is in for the grounding of a lifetime, and forced to pay the damages to both cars. But I'm kind of known for being a little harsh at times.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.