Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2010-12-07 14:11:46

It is not clear from your question whether you are the father of the child. If you are the father of the child, you are legally obligated to pay child support if a child support order has been entered by a court. If you are not the father of the child but are living with the child's mother you are not obligated to pay child support.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

If you are paying child support to a mother and the child is not living with her, you are still obligated to pay her if you have a court order to do so. In that case, you can petition the court to change the order. You can expect that you will have to pay whoever has the child instead of paying the mother.

It is in the best interest of your child for you to pay child support. If the child is still living in Mexico and the mother has a court order, you need to pay support. If there is no court order, you are not legally obligated to pay support.

If the grandparents are legal guardians and the child is living with them, the both of you as the biological parents have to pay child support to the grandparents.

what if your 17 year old that is living with her mother,wants to live with her dad,would he still have to pay mother child support

It depends on the state. In most states the father would still be required to pay child support, even though he is living with the mother and the child. However, if the father was financially supporting the mother and child, it's likely that the courts would suspend the child support order.

You cannot make your mother-in-law pay you child support. The only person who you can demand child support from is the father of the child.

is child support payed if mother dies and child is 18.

Yes the father would still have to pay child support if he did not have custody of the child and the mother did not work.

If you're the parent, and the child isn't living with you, then you pay child support - unless the child has been legally adopted.

What, boarding school is free? Yes, you have to pay your child support payments regardless of where the child is living. They are used to support the child regardless of where they are living.

This depends on a couple of things, the state you are in and what your court order says. If the child is living full time with one parent it is the other parent who pays child support. However, if the child is living with the father for the summer (summer possession) the father will still continue to pay the mother child support even though the child temporarily is living with the father. The reason for this is the mother still has bills that are keeping the house and such for the child to come back too. The only way a father will not have to pay is if the court order says that during summer possession the father does not have to pay child support, but normally in this case the mother would not be obligated to pay child support to the father. However in the end, people should do what is best for the children and not worry about the dollars they receive or don't receive.

I don't have to pay child support in "la," but you might have to if you have a child who's living there.

The only way a mother can be forced to pay child support in any state, is if she does not have primary custody of the child. If the child or children live primarily with the father, then the mother can be made to pay child support.

Yes, as long as you have custody of the child/children. Just as the mother can choose for the father to PAY child support.

If the daughter is no longer living with her mother, and is independent, then you could petition to end child support. If she is still in highschool, you might continue to pay with the agreement that the money transfers from mother to daughter.

Yes, you will still have to pay child support because you are the mother or father of the child, and that makes you still pay child support.

If you are married to the mother, no. Then you share everything naturally. But if you have a child and you are separated or not married to the mother, and you do not have custody of the children, you have to pay child support

he will have to pay back child support if owed unless mother agrees not to or he will have to pay back support if owed to state like if mother was on state aid,but no he will not have to pay for future support

DO NOT ever pay child support to the mother or the child. Pay it through the courts or the State Disbursement Unit.

Can a mother still keep her child from seeing the father even if he doesn't pay child support?"

No you do not. The mother-to-be can not sue for child support until after birth.

Yes as long as your under 20 its the law you have to until you turn 21 or you already support yourself as in moved out and not living with your mother or father.

If the court has said you are to pay child support, your marital status does not matter.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.