answersLogoWhite

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered
2010-03-24 16:44:23
2010-03-24 16:44:23

Actually, red hair is an "incomplete dominant".

001
๐Ÿฆƒ
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0

Related Questions


Brown hair is the dominant one. Red hair is genetic. (and very recessive)


no if you have red hair then it is a dominant gene because you can see it. If you do not have red hair then you could have a recessive gene (same as anyone else :P)


Black. Red hair is a recessive gene, unless both parents have it.


Dark hair is the dominant gene over red hair. Your mom obviously had one recessive allele for red hair and the dominant allele for dark hair so she showed up with dark hair. Your father would have to have had two recessive genes for red hair which means you have one dominant and one recessive allele. If your partner carries the recessive allele for red hair, (it didn't show up,) there is a 25% chance that your child will have red hair and a 75% chance that your child will have dark hair. If your partner has two dominant alleles for dark hair your child will have dark hair. If your partner has the recessive allele for another color like blond, there is a 75% chance for dark hair and a 25% chance for a mix of red and the other color. (Maybe strawberry blond.)


Not very, most red heads have light colored eyes; blue, green or grey. Red hair and darker eyes are more uncommon because of the combination of a recessive and dominant gene, red hair (recessive) and brown eyes (dominant). The same is said for red-heads who have red/brown eyes.


Only approximately 10 percent of the Irish are redheaded and red hair is a recessive trait.


1. Shape of face (probably polygenic) Oval dominant, square recessive 2. Cleft in chin No cleft dominant, cleft recessive 3. Hair curl (probably polygenic) Assume incomplete dominance Curly: homozygous Wavy: heterozygous Straight: homozygous 4. Hairline Widow peak dominant, straight hairline recessive 5. Eyebrow size Broad dominant, slender recessive 6. Eyebrow shape Separated dominant, joined recessive 7. Eyelash length Long dominant, short recessive 8. Dimples Dimples dominant, no dimples recessive 9. Earlobes Free lobe dominant, attached recessive 10. Eye shape Almond dominant, round recessive 11. Freckles Freckles dominant, no freckles recessive 12. Tongue rolling Roller dominant, nonroller recessive 13. Tongue folding Inability dominant, ability recessive 14. Finger mid-digital hair Hair dominant, no hair recessive 15. Hitch-hiker's thumb Straight thumb dominant, hitch-hiker thumb recessive 16. Bent little finger Bent dominant, straight recessive 17. Interlaced fingers Left thumb over right dominant, right over left recessive 18. Hair on back of hand Hair dominant, no hair recessive 19. Tendons of Palmar Muscle Two tendons dominant, three tendons recessive


Mendel's principle of dominant and recessive alleles doe not explain why the heterozygous chickens have both red and white hair


Dominant genes tend to overpower recessive genes. If brown hair is dominant(M) and blonde hair is recessive(m) then to have blonde hair you need m,m, brown hair would be M,M or M,m.


Dominant and recessive. When drawing a Punnett Square, a dominant gene is written in uppercase letter meanwhile the recessive one is written in lowercase. Example: H-curly hair h-straight hair Curly hair is dominant straight hair is recessive


In golden retrievers, red is recessive to yellow.


They can. It's just not likely. (3 out of 4 kids will have brown hair.


I really have no idea but my best guess is brown because it is a dominant gene and red is recessive!


Dominant alleles are the ones that show up in the phenotype. Recessive alleles do not unless both alleles are recessive, but can be passed on. For example: Tt , T=tall and t=short. Tall is dominant and short is recessive. You are tall and can pass on the short gene. Or, you can use black hair being dominant over red. Or, brown eyes being dominant over blue. Dominant can be seen on you and recessive can't.


not necessarily.ok there are two parents each giving the child one gene. if one gene is recessive and one is dominant the dominant gene will decide the hair color. example the recessive gene is black hair and the dominant gene is blonde the child will most likely have blonde hair because the dominant gene is blonde hair. the dominant gene masks the recessive gene


For example, maybe you have blond hair. That means the dominant trait is blond. Recessive is when you have maybe a black hair gene in you but it is not as DOMINANT which makes it the one that is their. The dominant trait either comes from your mom or dad and the one that it didn't come from is the recessive. :DD



one of his parents must have the red-hair allele, but they both have brown hair so they are both hetereozygous with the dominant brown allele. Patrick's red hair is homozygous recessive


This may cause a lighter red or a darker blonde. actually that isn't true. it depends on which one is the dominant trait. which one is homozygous which one is heterozygous. it all depends.


Yes they can, red is often dominant over other hair colors. This isn't right. Red hair is a recessive gene (the most recessive hair color) and you must have two copies of it, one from each parent, in order for one to have red hair. The gene is related to MC1R on chromosome-16. Only about 2% of the population has red hair because it is so recessive and both parents must have this gene.


A recessive trait is a trait that is not shown or expressed physically but is retained within the persons genes, whereas a dominant trait is a trait which opresses the recessive trait and is prodominantly shown or expressed physically. For example it is possible for two red-haired parents, both with recessive dark haired genes, to have a dark haired child. they must both have the recessive gene or the dominant gene of red - hair will be expressed in the child


brown eyes and dark hair are genetically more likely as they are caused by dominant Gene, red hair and blue eyes are caused by recessive Genes


Alleles can be dominant or recessive



On a punnet square dominant genes are represented by capital letters while recessive ones are lower case, recessive genes are those such s blue eyes or orange hair and are less common then dominant genes while dominant genes are those that represet more common things like brown eyes or blong hair. You need to have two recessive genes to have a recessive trait, but only one dominant gene is requirerd to have a dominant trait.



Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.