Parenting and Children

Is there help for young single mothers under 18?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2010-03-02 00:03:52
2010-03-02 00:03:52

Yes. Depending on where you are, you can search for support services in your local phonebook. Even some churches can provide services and housing for teen mothers. Your first stop, though, should be to the local YWCA or YMCA. They will have staff on hand to give you the help you need and connect you to the right resources.

There are also places that you can go to for financial support. One of these places is WIC if you are in America (see related link). In Britain, you can receive benefits and child benefits for your child once you are 16. If you are still in education in Britain, you can receive the EMA (Education Maintenance Allowance) which is up to £30 per week. There are also services such as CAP and Payplan in Britain to help with with things such as budgeting and bill payments. In America, each state and city etc. has its own way of financially supporting young, single mothers.


In most states you can call UnitedWay's 211, or find it online, and they will also be able to help you with finding any kind of services that are in your area.


Related Questions

Yes Young mothers and Children hospices

There are grants to help single mothers pay off their student loans. There are many grants on the federal, state, county, or city level that can help.

There are many nationwide support groups for single parents, such as: single parents in college/university, single parents looking for companionship and help of other single parents, those in need for financial advice/help, single parents seeking to adopt a child, and also young single parents. Here is an article about single mothers support group: can help with Native American education grants to help people, especially your case (single mothers) to get schooling opportunities.

Scholarships for single mothers are available pretty much everywhere. Local libraries generally have listings that can help you find the information you are interested in.

A website has been put up to help single Mothers with scholarship and financial aid. is a good place to start looking for tuition assistance.

A good place to look for financial aid and other assistance for single mothers is Although financial aid for single mothers is usually geared toward paying for education rather than bills, there are other resources on the web site that can help you with your expenses.

I found lots of advice and help on for young mothers at symptom/ under pregnancy tips. This is a site that I have trusted for medical help every since I acquired an Internet connection ten years ago, and I have found it very trustworthy.

Yes you can get a educational grant, which can help you pay for schooling. Try looking at

There are many grants available for single mothers to help with housing. Check with HUD, State Housing Finance Agency, Habitat for Humanity and The Nehemiah Foundation. For more information, visit

Anyone who meets the general criteria of income and background information can qualify.

They just walk accross it like we do. When their young their mothers help them, and as they get older they get better at it.

Single Family Voices is an online forum and discussion board focused on single parents. Many subsections make it easy to find like minded people to talk to.

Sure there many kinds from grants for single mothers like ( Childcare - Healthcare - Food and Supplies -Transportation - Rent Assistance - College Grants ) just all you need for get this grants apply application and waiting reply..

Colonial mothers used a garden to help feed the family. is designed to help single mothers deal with their role. The site offers advice on being a single mom as well as a message board for single moms to share ideas and encourage one another. Many of the challenging questions single moms have are answered on this website.

Mothers can help but should never do their children's homework for them.

this is absolutely true unless she gets child support from the father,and if she is lucky her own family will also help support her until she can get on her feet, so it is vital she goes to court to obtain a court order for child support from the father.

Recognizing that mobility is nearly impossible without a college degree, many single mothers are returning to school with the hopes of graduating and pursuing a rewarding profession. However, returning to school as a single parent can be extremely difficult. Nontraditional students must juggle the competing demands of a full-time job, childcare and studying for classes. Many single parents also find the cost of tuition unaffordable but do not feel comfortable taking out student loans. Fortunately, there are many scholarship programs targeted at nontraditional students and single parents that may help to make college an affordable option. Here are a few of the best scholarships for single mothers. 1. Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund Since 1978, the Jeannette Rankin Foundation has provided over 600 scholarships for single mothers. The scholarships are generally given to low-income women over the age of 35 attending undergraduate school or taking part in vocational programs. 2. The Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund Although this scholarship program is limited to residents of the state of Arkansas, it provides a great opportunity for single parents in need of tuition money. Since 1990, the Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund has awarded over 22,000 scholarships for single mothers and single fathers. This scholarship fund works with affiliates at a local level to provide scholarships for single mothers and fathers living in Arkansas. 3. Raise the Nation Foundation Raise the Nation awards scholarships for single mothers and their children, making it a wonderful option for both single mothers wishing to return to school and single mothers sending their children to college. Raise the Nation assistance programs include Student Loan Repayment Grants, Scholarships For Continuing Education and Child of a Single Parent Woman Scholarships. Raise the Nation Student Loan Repayment Grants are great for single parents struggling to pay off outstanding loans. The repayment grants require single mothers to contribute an average of eight months of community volunteer work in order to have their loans paid off. These are just a few of the available scholarships for single mothers. Many community foundations, churches and local businesses also provide scholarships for single mothers. Single mothers should also explore nontraditional student scholarships, which are provided at many colleges and universities.

You could apply for financial assistance from your government who would in turn also provide you with a daycare centre that is also funded by the government.

There doesn't seem to be much information available but there is a program called Ontario Works which can help Ontario residents with financial help after providing some required information.

Mothers that abuse their children are sick and need help.

A Federal Pell Grant offers one way for single mothers to finance their education. This federally-provided money does not need to be repaid, making it a more attractive option than a loan. To apply for a Pell Grant, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.

yes and no. yes because they could help the young without mothers. they could help them escape animals from disappearing, and they could help when they are sick or hurt. no because the animals could get lonely, sad, and miserable and they could die or do suicide.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.