Auto Insurance
Auto Insurance Claims

Is unlicensed driver in accident able to get insurance?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2013-06-05 13:43:34
2013-06-05 13:43:34

Driver's licensure is a condition of getting auto insurance.


Related Questions

Technically, the insurance company should cover the costs of the other vehicle. If the unlicensed driver took the vehicle without permission, the owner may even be able to collect on the collision insurance to cover part of their expenses, but if he/she does that he/she will probably have to show a police report that the unlicensed driver took the vehicle without permission and that it was technically, automobile theft. On the other hand, the insurance costs for the owner may to up dramatically whether the owner gave permission or not. It all depends on the insurance company and how they view the circumstances. The unlicensed driver may not be allowed to get a drivers license for several years, depending on state laws.

If this unlicensed driver was driving your car with your knowledge, you are screwed. But if you mean an unlicensed driver hit your car, if you have full coverage you should be able to collect on your insurance. The insurance will make the check to the leinholder and they will give you any excess or expect you to make up any shortage to pay off the loan. In some cases, if you did give permission for the uninsured driver, your insurance company will pay for the loss but make you sign an exclusion stating that the driver will not be covered in the future for any reason. You would be liable for full cost if it happens again. You can also expect a spike in your rates if they reside with you.

It is never a good idea to drive without insurance as there are costly penalties if one is caught or involved in an accident. If one is in an accident without auto insurance, their options are limited but they may be able to sue the other driver if they are at fault.

Not all insurance companies will write a policy like this but some will. You might have to look a little but if you go to a couple of independent insurance agencies who represent many different companies then they will most likely be able to assist you.

you must make sure that you are okay and if you are able to move and able to get out of the car try and see if the other driver is conscious and okay then trade information such as insurance name I.D.

It all depends on the state in which the accident happened as well as the type of accident.

Contact the authorities in the area the accident occured, surely they will be able to provide assistance.

All insurance companies will cover a disabled driver if they are able to pass the driving tests. Try for multiple quotes.

Your only obvious course of action would be to show that the state knew or should have known that the other driver did not have required insurance and that they did not do anything reasonable to prevent the driver from driving without insurance. This would be extremely difficult to prove. You are probably better off going after the driver in a civil action. If he/she has any assets, you may be able to attach them in a judgment.

You don't have to have a car insurance at all. It's only your option but it's better for you/ if you have an accident the insurance company will pay it for you

My boyfriend was driving my car and had an accident. My insurance company paid the damages but his insurance premiums went up. Mine did not increase. The points follow the driver. It has been a few years but I am not sure if it has changed. Your insurance agent should be able to inform you. I didn't want to call them at the time but I did and was assured even though they paid for it, I was not penalized nor were my premiums increased.

Hi! To lower your car insurance you should consider asking for a higher deductible. If you are a new driver (a teenager) you may be able to find teen car insurance discounts.

if u both left and someone is filing insurance claim, BOTH parties will get charged with Leaving the scene of an accident and may not be able to file insurance claim

you should report the accident to yours and the other drivers insurance company...typcially no matter how fast you had to stop they driver behind you must maintain a distance to be able to stop from hitting you .... thus being deemed neglient/liable/at fault for the accident

Which insurance company? If you don't know who it was, who should pay? If it was a hit and run accident, perhaps the police could help. If not, there should be a police report and you can get the information from there.

You may be able to collect. The only case in which you would possibly not be able is if the state you are in requires you to be insured also. In that case you would have been breaking the law. If you were required by law to have insurance than you shouldn't have been there. You would need to speak wit an atty who is knowledgable about the laws in your state. Yes. The legality issue of the uninsured driver is a totally different issue than the legal responsiblility of the driver at fault for damages incurred in the accident. The uninsured operator will still be subject to penalties as established by the laws of the state in which the accident occurred.

Contact your agent or policy services for your insurance company and they will be able to tell you.

You still could pursued the claim under the vehicle. If the vehicle that hit your is being insured by Allstate Insurance, you should be able to set up the claim under that vehicle. Allstate might try to denied your claim based on unscheduled driver but they might get your car fixed with no question ask if you have a police/accident report.

They're a juvinile right? They get a ticket (unlicensed driver) and probably will not be able to get their license until they're 18, maybe 20. If under age, the parents will probably be held responsible for the damage to the other car.

The owner of the car is going to be held liable. And it won't do your daughter any good either, it will delay her being able to get a license.

The person will never be able to get a California d/licenes. He or She is responsible for all damages and more likely spend time in a correctional facility.

In order to get car insurance, one must have proof that one is able to pay for it. In the United States, one must also be a licensed driver to get car insurance.

The benefits of auto insurance are that if a natural or human caused accident were to happen, you would be able to feel safe that your car will be repaired or replaced.

Many types of insurance is sold at insurance markets for example, you might be able to find; auto, health, accident, casualty, life, property, liability and credit insurance. Of course it varies from company to company.

if she is driving YES... or at least have your insurance be able to cover any damage from "driver not on your policy"

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.