List of 10 commandments?
Ten Commandments of God
1. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them. For I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
3. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates; for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
4. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land which the Lord your God gives you.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shalt not commit adultery.
7. You shalt not steal.
8. You shalt not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. You shalt not covet your neighbor's wife.
10. You shalt not covet your neighbor's goods.
One of the basic beliefs of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the "Mormon" church) is obedience to the commandments of God, including the Ten Commandments. However, the Ten Commandments are not a list of the basic beliefs of Mormonism, they are a list of things that God asks His people to do. Check out the "Related Link" to learn more about Mormonism.
the 10 commandments are rules that god made so that we can feel his love and be happy throw out our lives . Answer: The Ten Commandments are a list of do's and don'ts found in the religious texts of the Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam). For Jews and Christians several versions of the commandments are found that represent between 10 and 25 direct instructions from their god See Link)
Moses achieved the highest level of prophecy (Deuteronomy ch.34) and was called upon by God (Exodus ch.3). He brought the Israelites out of Egyptian slavery (Exodus ch.12). He received the Torah from God (Exodus 24:12) and later recorded it in writing (Deuteronomy 31:24). He went up on Mount Sinai for 40 days and nights (Deuteronomy ch.9-10) and brought down the Two Stone Tablets with the Ten Commandments (Exodus 31:18). He brought the Israelites into the…
Think of the first 10 Commandments as the 'Bill of Rights" in the Bible and the other 603 as the 'Constitution of the United States of America'. There 10 main ten commandments given to Moses , but the bible has hundreds of commandments for the jews. There is 613 commandments in the old testament, all of which could be categorized under one of the 10 broad commands.
This question begs a very long answer, and gets to the heart of a discussion of ethics and morals. However, a short answer will at least get the ball rolling... In the time of Moses the children of Israel did not have a moral code for right living. Moses is generally credited with creating the first 5 books of the Old Testament -- Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deutoronomy -- and together those books make…
Actually it is when you look at the 10 commandments. An example would be murder. It is a sin to murder and it is a mortal sin. What we know as the 10 commandments is only a fraction of what was given to Moses. The total number of commandments is over 600, but the Catholic Church watered it down to 10 in the Middle Ages.
I think you mean to use the words "Ten Commandments" in a sentence. Here are some examples. The Bible says that Moses was given ten commandments. There are ten commandments on that page. Our company rules have ten commandments we must obey. If you mean to list the ten commandments in sentences, I recommend that you read the Bible. They're listed in sentence form.