Best Answer

You will have to know the model name or number to cross-reference to a manufacturers model. Many Western Field (Montgomery Ward) shotguns were made by Mossberg, but many were also by Stevens/Savage, Hi Standard, and several others.

My son has a Westernfield M865A, which was made by Mossberg, but they also sold it as a Mossberg rifle as the Model 402 or you will here it called the Palomino. My son loves it, got it for $60 at a garage sale.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2012-09-29 19:52:58
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +5 pts
Q: Mossberg parts interchangeable with Western Field?
Write your answer...

Related Questions

Who makes western field 550 shotgun?

The Western Field 550 series were produced by Mossberg for Montgomery Ward. Basically it's a Mossberg 500 and as far as my research and experience with them goes (I own a 550AB in 12 GA and a 550ED in 410 GA), all parts are interchangeable though I've only ever put a Mossberg barrel on my Western Field.

Who made the western field pump 12 gauge model 550 AL?

Mossberg. It was sold through Montgomery wards. Its a Mossberg 500 with the western field name. All Mossberg parts interchange.

What is a Western Field Model M 550 ABD?

A Western Field 550 ABD is a Mossberg 500 that was made for Montgomery Wards. They are the same gun and all parts/ accessories for the Mossberg 500 will interchange.

Were can you get parts for western field m72 30-30?

Your western field M72 was made for Montgomery Wards by Mossberg.It is the Mossberg model 472PRA.I would contact them directly for availability of parts.

Where can bolt parts be found for a Western Field Model 36B single shot rifle?

A Western field model 36B was made by mossberg.The mossberg firm actually made 2 models that was designated western field model 36B.One was the mossberg model 25A,and the other was the mossberg model 10.These are the models that you would at for parts to your westernfield model 36B.I would start my search at Numrich gun parts corp.They may be found on the web.

Is there a place to buy parts for a Western Field 12 gauge pump?

did you try mossberg shotguns for parts,the 500 is almost the same as your gun ?

Where can you get some info on a Western field M720 30-30 lever action rifleLike a parts list and schematic?

check mossberg parts lists/ sites. many western fields are mossberg from what ive seen. i own a W.F. M72 which is a mossberg 472, also 30-30 lever.

Where can you get parts for wards western field 04m 489b?

Your western field model 04M-489B was made by Mossberg.The Mossberg model 50 is the same firearm.These parts should be found at Numrich gun parts corp.They may be found on the web.

Where can you find parts for a 20 gauge Western Field Model M550CD pump shotgun?

You can get your parts from mossberg . The mossberg model 500C is the same gun. You will need to call to order the parts.You also may find the parts you need at Thay Cary most of the parts for this shotgun.Some parts you can only get from mossberg

You want to attach a scope to your Western Field 30.30 What mounting kit should you use for a Western Field 30.30 model M72C?

The Western Field model 72 lever-action rifle was made by Mossberg and generally resembled the Marlin 336. These two rifles are not the same an no parts interchange EXCEPT for the scope mounts. The same bases that work on the Marlin 336 will work on the Western Field (or Mossberg or Revelation versions).

How much does a stock for a western field shotgun model number m172b?

I would go to Numrich gun parts corp.they may be found on the web.The Mossberg model 395K is the same firearm as yours,having been made for Montgomery Wards(Western field) by Mossberg&sons firearms company.

Where can you get a firing pin for a Western field 12 gauge model 15k?

I can't find a listing for the Western Field Mod 15k. The Mod 15 is a Mossberg Mod 80, the 15A is a Mossberg 83, and the 150 is a Mossberg 183k but all of these are .410 bore, not 12 ga. Mossberg did make most of the different models sold by Western Field, so by looking through the different diagrams of appropriate Mossberg shotguns you may be able to identify the correct model. With that information, or other parts warehouses may be able to supply the correct firing pin.

Where can you get a bolt for wards western field 47or mossberg 45A?

I would first start looking at numrich gun parts corp.They can be found on the net.

Where can you get a barrel for a Montgomery wards m550cd 20 gauge shotgun?

your western field model 550cd was made by mossberg,there model number is 500B.I would try numrich gun parts corp.for your barrel,and use the mossberg 500B number for parts identification.

Who made a Western Field model 850 22 rifle?

Western Field model 850 22lr sa rifle can be cross-referenced to the Mossberg model 353. Check out for a complete listing of available parts including magazines.

Where can you find a schematic for a Western Field M550ABD with a C-Lect choke?

Western Field was a firearms brand adopted by Montgomery Ward (although they also marketed firearms under the brand name "Wards"). The guns were manufactured by various larger firearms companies including Colt, Marlin, Mossberg Remington, Savage, Stevens, and several others. The guns made for Montgomery Ward were, essentially, copies of the major manufacturer models, branded with the "Western Field" brand name, and a model number specific to the Western Field brand. The Western Field Model 550ABD was manufactured by Mossberg for Montgomery Ward (Mossberg also made guns for Sears and Western Auto), and are identical to the Mossberg 500 series shotguns. Schematic diagrams for the Western Field are not abundantly available, but the parts diagram for the Mossberg Model 500 is available on the Mossberg web site at: You can also try contacting Havlin Sales and Service. They stock and sell Mossberg gun parts, and specialize in the out-of-production Mossberg guns. They also operate the National Mossberg Collectors Association, and are a wealth of information on anything Mossberg. Since Montgomery Ward is no longer in business, your only other option would be a reproduction manual. Rediscovered Shooting Treasures specializes in manual reproductions for out-of-production guns. If they don't have it on their web site, you could e-mail them and see if its something that they could do. If all else fails, get the Mossberg 500 Manual. It is the same gun, and all parts are interchangable.

Parts for westernfield rifle?

Impossible to answer without more information. Generally, Western Field rifles were made by Mossberg and Marlin, but some were made by FN and were Mauser actions.

Where can you find parts for a 14m 4bba 22 longrifle only Wards Western Field?

havlin sales & service the 14ms where built by mossberg check their online site

Where can you get an in depth diagram of a Westen field 22 bolt action rifle? they should have them there if not your out of luck sorry Also try Numrich Gun Parts Corp. Western Field was made by other companies such as Mossberg.

Where can you find the value and parts for a Western Field M550a?

it is a mossberg model 500a . the code for western field is pretty easy once you look at a few of them. parts are very easy to find. eBay if you are feeling lucky. or for a great company. your shotgun is very popular and there are lots of upgrades out there for it. good luck

Where can parts for a wards western field 22 rifle model 24m431a be found?

Your rifle was made by Mossberg for the Montgomery Wards company(Western Field).It could be a model 44,or model 40.or even the model 26C.I would look to Numrich gun parts corp.for parts.They may be found on the web.

Where can you find a replacement barrel for a 12ga western field pump shotgun m55oar?

Western Field was the house brand for Montgomery Wards. This shotgun was subcontracted to various manufacturers. Main one was Mossberg. I have one and it's a Mossberg 500. Recommend you contact either Numrich or Brownell's, both of whom have web sites. Both are major suppliers of gun parts and gunsmithing tools.

Who manufactured the western field M854 long rifle?

It was manufactured by Mossberg. It is probably the model 353, and parts can be ordered The reason I am not certain is that there does not appear to be a written list for this cross reference.

Who is the manufacturer of the Western Field mod 228-fr?

The model 228FR was made by kessler under model number 128.Most parts are interchangeable with the model 30C.

What shotgun parts interchange with a mossberg 1000?

Mossberg made parts only.