Probability that a non-leap year selected at random contains 53 Sundays is?
The year MUST start on a Sunday. For a leap year, it can start on Saturday or Sunday.
In any period of 400 years there are 303 non-leap years, of which 43 begins and ends with a Sunday, and there are 97 leap years, of which 28 begins with a Saturday or a Sunday.
So the probability in a non-leap year is 43/303, or 14.2%.
And the probability in a leap year is 28/97, or 28.9%
What is the probability that a leap year selected at random will contain you 53 Sundays II 53 Thursdays?
A Leap year has 366 days. in which you have 52 weeks and 2 days. the 2 days may be sun,Mon mon,Tue tue,wed wed,THu, thu,Fri FRi,SAT sat,sun so you have 7 options among which 2 u can choose.. so the answer is 2/7 for having 53 Sundays. The probability of having 53 Thursdays is also 2/7. The probability of having either 53 Sundays or 53 Thursdays is 4/7.
A leap year has only 52 Sundays if it starts on any day of the week except Saturday or Sunday. The calendar repeats itself every 400 years, and every 400-year cycle includes 97 leap years. Of that 97, 15 start on a Sunday and 13 start on a Saturday. Therefore the probability of only 52 Sundays in a leap year is 69 out of 97 or about 71.13% (the other 28.87% have 53 Sundays).
A package contains 9 candy canes 6 which are cracked if 2 are selected find the probability of getting no cracked candy canes?
When three cards are selected from the deck of cards what the the probability that all the selected are diamonds?
Why the probability is have a specified chance to be selected and why the non probability does not have an equal of being selected?
Probability is the number of occurrences of a specific event divided by the total number of possible events. Suppose you took a multiple choice test with 4 possible answer's A, B, C, D. Only 1 of the 4 choices is correct; so the probability of correct is 1/4 and the probability of incorrect is 3/4. Most of the time the two probabilities will not be the same.
Given eight students four of which are females if two students are selected at random without replacement what is the probability that both students are female?
If probability of reading newspaper a is .2 probability of reading newspaper b is .16 probability of reading newspaper c is .14.what is the probability that a person selected at random will read none?
A bag contains 8 red marbles 6 blue marbles and 9 green marbles If a marble is selected at random what is the probability of choosing a blue marble?
The answer depends on the demography of the population from which the person is randomly selected. The answer depends on the demography of the population from which the person is randomly selected. The answer depends on the demography of the population from which the person is randomly selected. The answer depends on the demography of the population from which the person is randomly selected.