These are only a few questions we got asked in class about the outsiders book - we haven't got through it all yet :p
- Outsiders Question for Chapter 1 - What do you think Ponyboy means when he says, "I lie to myself all the time"? (Pg. 18) Use text evidence and your own ideas to support your answer.
- Outsiders Chapter 2 Question: What do you think is meant by the following quote; "You wanna know something" She looked me straight in the eye. "Things are rough all over again." (Pg. 35) Use text evidence and your own ideas to support your answer.
- Outsiders Chapter 3 Question: Reread the last line of chapter three. How does the author's use of foreshadowing at the end of the chapter affect you as a reader? Use text evidence and your own ideas to support your answer.
- Outsiders Chapter 4 Question: Recall in Ponyboy's dream in Chapter 3 (pg. 48). Why are the events in chapter 4 ironic? Use text evidence and your own ideas to support your answer.
- Outsiders Chapter 5 Question - Examine Robert Frost's poem, Nothing Gold Can Stay. What do you think the poem is saying? How might this apply to the characters in the novel?
- Outsiders Chapter 6 - Using your image of what a hero is to you, do the three boys prove themselves to be heros, according to your definition? Explain.
- Outsiders Chapter 7 - Compare the upbringing between Bob and Johnny. How did their upbringing motivate their actions?
- Outsiders Chapter 8 - How does the author portray different ideas of family in the story?
- Outsiders Chapter 9 - How do you think Johnny's last words might influence Ponyboy in the future?