Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2007-02-26 17:48:52

Get proof and sue them for libel and defimation of character. If what they are lying about is affecting you in any way, take them to court. The more evidence you can accumulate in your favor that is from reliable sources and can be presented to an attorney for analysis, the better your chances will be in reaching a good outcome. Part of that evidence needs to address the monetary impact the defamation has caused upon you. If a prospective employer states that you were not hired for a position solely due to some defamatory remark against you which was made in the course of checking your work history through your previous employer, that needs to come out. Such action can be assessed in terms of money. It is not enough to go to court for vindication, feeling unjustly treated, expecting a favorable response by the judge; the court must see that some tangible damage has been done in order to find in your favor. Once that is done by a preponderance of evidence, then you stand a chance of being compensated for whatever damages you suffered. If all you suffered was confined to ill will and bad feelings, the court may have nothing with which to measure that against the dollar amounts it must use in order to restore some measure of justice. It is always best to consult with an attorney who resides in the area local to you for the purpose of weighing your options before proceeding. If damage has been done, and money becomes involved, and you have proof, and the law was broken, an attorney is what you need to bring the evidence before a judge.

User Avatar

Your Answer


Still Have Questions?

Related Questions

What duties includes in the position of Grants Database Assistant?

The duties for the position of grants database assistant include data entry of grants into the database and checking current records for accuracy. The assistant is also responsible for answering questions from customers using the database.

What is Mars mission statement?

Mission Statement- "To strengthen our position in the marketplace by developing high quality relationships with our suppliers and customers and earning a reputation of dependability, innovation and exceptional performance."

What does an assistant to vice president do?

An "assistant to ..." is normally a clerical/administrative position. (As opposed to an assistant vice president, which could be an executive position and essentially a VP in training).

Why are you interested in medical assistant position?

I am interested in the medical assistant position because I have the required skills and I have a passion to help humanity.

How bookkeeping and banking affect the position of medical assistant?

Bookkeeping and banking do not affect the position of medical assistant. one can find this information by asking a local medical assistant or a bookkeeper.

What is equivalent rank of assistant commandant in army?

Assistant commandant is not a rank, it is a position.

What is the difference between USPS city carrier assistant 1 and city carrier assistant 2?

The only difference between a USPS city carrier assistant 1 and a USPS city carrier assistant 2 is seniority and pay. The assistant 2 position is a promotion from the assistant 1 position.

Why are you interested in an office assistant position?

To answer the question why are you interested in an office assistant position, try to think about why you want to work for the company. You can also highlight your skills and experience, and how you will apply that to an office assistant role.

Why brds should choose you to the position assistant?

why BRDS should choose you to the position

The author of the letter is hoping to?

move from an assistant manager position to a manager position.

What do you like best about the administrative assistant position?

There are many things you may lie best about an administrative assistant position. You may like the leadership role for example.

How do you write a reputation letter?

In a reputation letter you are recommending someone for a position and your own reputation is affected by how they perform. Stay factual with what you know to be true about the person. Leave out all opinions.

Application letter for a position of assistant engineer?


What do you like best about this position admin assistant?

The best part about being an administrative assistant is the variety. You never know what you will be doing from day to day. It is a highly responsible position.

What is the difference between library assistant and assistant librarian?

A library assistant is an entry level position that usually does the more routine tasks around the library, such as shelving books and manning the front desk. The assistant librarian is a senior position that reports directly to the Librarian or department librarian.

Can you Describe the qualities you have that suit this position Marketing Assistant?

Some of the qualities for marketing postions are: A Vision Creator A Strong Ego An Artistic Eye Understands The Market and The Customers Understands the Fundamentals of Branding, Marketing, and Advertising

What is an assistant professor?

An assistant professor is an entry-level position in a university faculty, lower than that of a full professor.

What position is higher assistant manager or deputy manager?

A deputy manager has a higher rank than an assistant manager.

What position are you qualified for after veterinary assistant training?

Yes, the average veterinary position does indeed train you for that position. It is usually pretty thorough.

What skills will you need to become a veterinary assistant?

The position of veterinary assistant is an entry-level position for veterinary staff and there are no required skills or education. However, experience with animals is highly valued.

Describe the qualities you have that suit to this position as assistant staff in a bank?

There are a number of qualities you may have that suit you to a particular position as an assistant staff in bank. You may be good with following directions for example.

Where can I get online training on how to become a personal assistant?

Becoming a personal assistant is a position that does not require a large amount of training. To get started in this position it would be best to obtain a degree in office management.

How do you answer 'What did you like most about your last job position'?

responsibilities, position, dealing with customers etc

How will you handle the key challenges and opportunities of being a administrative assistant?

If you have held a position as an administrative assistant in the past, you can use examples from your former job to explain how you will handle the challenges of a new position. If this you have never worked as an administrative assistant, describe experiences you have had where you have had to multi-task.

Why would you like to take on this position as a assistant manager?

I wouldn't be that job