Snow and Ice

This floating chunk of ice is called?

User Avatar
Wiki User
January 05, 2011 2:51PM

Chunks do not really mean something very small like most people may think,it could be a large particle or huge mass. Floating chunks of ice from ice sheets or ice shelves (land ice) are called "ICEBERGS", while large areas of floating sea ice are called "ICE FLOES".