Asked in
Bone Pain and Fractures

WHAT TYPE OF CAST IS USED for a broken ankle?


User Avatar
Wiki User
August 02, 2011 4:59PM

Dependes on the severity of the break. A break that shows definite abnormalities in the structure of the ankle should be treated with a hard cast. However, a minor break can be treated with an Aircast. (new person) it depends. With my ankle break I was in a soft cast after surgery then a hard cast. Then a walking boot I could not walk on and then I was allowed to walk on it.