Sympathy is an emotional response to a situation affecting others (compassion), or an agreement with a plan or proposal (accord).
As a noun
1. harmony of or agreement in feeling, as between persons or on the part of one person with respect to another.
2. the harmony of feeling naturally existing between persons of like tastes or opinion or of congenial dispositions.
3. the fact or power of sharing the feelings of another, esp. in sorrow or trouble; fellow feeling, compassion, or commiseration.
5. favorable or approving accord; favor or approval: He viewed the plan with sympathy and publicly backed it.
6. agreement, consonance, or accord.
7. Psychology. a relationship between persons in which the condition of one induces a parallel or reciprocal condition in another.
8. Physiology. the relation between parts or organs whereby a condition or disorder of one part induces some effect in another.
As an adjective
9. expressing sympathy: a sympathy card; a sympathy vote.
To have Sympathy for others
empathise means ............. sympathy
Condelence:An expression of sympathy .
Someone who is looking for comfort or sympathy and understanding.
lack of caring or sympathy.
I can give you several sentences.I have a lot of sympathy for her.His sympathy was appreciated.The funeral guests stopped to pay their sympathy to Mom.
I think you may mean "sympathy" if you mean that you are sad for the family's loss.
no, sympathy is a feeling
Sympathy is correct.
A dislike of something or someone. It would be the opposite of sympathy.
Friendship, sympathy and kindness are words. Those mean antipathy.
First of all, I think your sentance is "What does sympethetic mean?", and so I will answer: Sympethetic: adj; to have sympathy. Sympathy: noun; the feeling of sorrow towards another person
As a noun. "I have sympathy for Patti." "With greatest sympathy, Bob."
The word sympathy (sympathies) is an abstract noun; sympathy is also an adjective.
Condolences are expressions of sympathy with a person who is suffering sorrow, misfortune, or grief.
It means they are giving you sympathy or -- dishing out sympathy. "Deanie Etcetera received plenty of casserole from friends, upon learning Mitch Longley wasn't interested in her".
You have my deepest sympathy.
Sympathy is a noun.
"Sympathy" in Polish is "sympatia".
Honesty may good but it doesn't mean it is always kind. Sympathy is about caring for feelings and agreeing with others on their opinion's so Sympathy isn't all about sucking up to your friends to make them feel better no and they probably no your telling a white lie. so inconclusion Sympathy is better than Honesty because it is about caring, friendship and confidence boosts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It means that they act as if they have no emotions and do not show sympathy for anyone else.
That was uneducated. Thanks.
Tagalog translation of sympathy: simpatiya or pagkaawa
I have no sympathy for people like you.
summary of sympathy by tagore