Used Car Buying

What if the seller refuses to take the car back?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-02-26 02:37:58
2008-02-26 02:37:58

Park the RV in a high traffic area, with permission of the landlord, with huge signs that read: I bought this lemon at such and such dealership. They hate negative publicity and will usually do something just to avoid further negative publicity. Call the dealership and tell them you plan to leave the vehicle with the signs on it until they do something or go out of business. Try to park the thing as close to the dealership as possible so that future potential customers going to do business there will see the lemon advertisement. ANSWER lET THE BUYER BEWARE. if you bought it from another individual or used car dealer, you should have the car checked by a mechanic or take a mechanically inclined person with you. if you feel you bought a lemon, there are consumer agencies you can contact like the better business bureau, local tv stations, your local consumer affairs office or court.


Related Questions

If that used car is under a warranty or a time line offered by the seller, then you can take it back to the seller. Not if you do not have any agreement. Sale is fine.

You cannot just return a car to the seller. There is no cooling off period on the sale of a vehicle. In your situation you can call the seller and ask for your money back, or ask the seller to repair the vehicle. If the seller refuses, your only recourse is to sue the seller in court. If you bought this car "AS IS" and there was no implied or written warranty then you will have to prove in court that the seller knew the engine was about to lock up. You must prove that the car was not serviceable on the day you bought it and the seller knew it. Get a written statement to that fact from 2 mechanics and that will strengthen your case. Otherwise you will probably loose on a car you bought "AS IS'.

If the car was running good when purchased, and was sold "as is", then not much. If it wasn't sold "as is" try to get your money back from the seller. If this doesn't work, you'll have to take it to Small Claims Court.

Probably so. Drive the car to the seller and tender it [give it] back to the seller, then demand your money back. If the seller refused to refund your money, sue the seller for the purchase price, using the warranty as your legal proof that you are entitled to your money back.

If you have already handed over the purchase amount to the seller and you do not have a purchase agreement or a bill of sale then you cannot title or register the car in your name. You may be able to get your money back or hire a lawyer to get it back. If you haven't paid for the vehicle then don't purchase it.

Sure! But it is up to the seller to agree to take it back. LOL

Not unless the seller agrees to take it back. Otherwise you bought it, and you are stuck with it. The Buyers Remorse law does not apply to the purchase of a vehicle.Not unless the seller agrees to take it back. Otherwise you bought it, and you are stuck with it. The Buyers Remorse law does not apply to the purchase of a vehicle.

The citations or tickets go with the seller of the car. that is the individual that violated the law,not the car or new owner. One has to take responsibility for their own actions.

Not unless the seller agrees to take it back. The buyers remorse law does not apply to the purchase of a vehicle.

ONLY if you can find someone to buy it without a title. NO buyer, NO seller.

Take the car back to the dealer and demand he repair the car so it will pass emissions tests. if he refuses, contact your State Attorney General.

they dont have to take the car back,although they can sue you for the value or the balance of the loan If the lender is local, leave it in their parking lot, then call them and tell them where to find the car.

YES, they can. The person who sold the car can be charged with selling mortaged property(felony in most states).You will be out your money. best to take the car back to the seller and get your money back while you have a chance.

You can usually return a faulty car back to the dealer, but to be repaired. You cannot return a car unless the dealer refuses to have it repaired.

If you get a motorcycle but the seller never sends you the title, you should contact the seller. If the seller still does not give you the title, you should take the seller to court. The seller is obligated to provide you with a valid title so that you can register the car.

If the seller agrees to let you out of the contract. Otherwise you are bound by what you signed.

The insurance company will pay you the worth of your car minus your deductible.

There is nothing you can do. You should have asked to see the Carfax report before you bought this car. Then you would have know it had been wrecked. If the seller told you the car had never been wrecked then you might have a case you can take to small claims court. At this moment I would advise you to take it back to the seller and give them a chance to make this right.

Generally you need to get your money back or sue for fraud. The seller of a vehicle must provide the title. End of story.

Then seller doesn't own the car. Don't buy a car without a title. The title is the only thing that proves ownership. ---- If the seller has no title, the car might be stolen. DO NOT buy the car.

No. The only way you can return it is if the seller agrees to take it back. The Buyers Remorse laws do not apply to the purchase of a vehicle in any state.

Im having car problems I just have days that I took it out from the dealership can I take it back and take another car out?

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.