Asked in
Thunderstorms and Lightning

What is a glass stirring rod?


User Avatar
Wiki User
December 13, 2015 5:53PM

It's a short piece of cylindrical glass, usually about 12 cm long. It's used for stirring chemicals together. It's useful because glass is inert to most chemicals and won't contaminate anything.

User Avatar
Wiki User
July 08, 2015 7:36PM

It is a glass rod, which is a little larger than a pencil which has a blob at the end and is used to stir or mix liquids in a lab. Plastic versions are used as cocktail stirrers.