Butterflies and Moths

What is a group of butterflies called?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-12-01 18:42:59

A kaleidoscope of butterflies.

A group of butterflies is called a swarm, rabble, or


A group of butterflies is called a flutter. Bees

swarm, and a rabble is much too boisterous for butterflies.

Butterflies are delicate creatures who gather to communicate

socially only by the movement of their wings. This is called a


Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.