Sequence of front office service :
1) Receiving /processing and documenting guests' reservations
2) Welcoming/greeting the guest, opening the door of his vehicle; unloading his luggage
3) attending to guest registration
4) Settlement of guest's bill
5) Escorting guest to his room, carrying his luggage, explaining room facilities
6) Updating room status; preparing guest folio
7) Attending to all service request of guests like wake up calls, delivery of messages, etc.
8) Updating guest account, preparing billing statement; settlement of balance
9) Assisting guest for check out
10) Setting bills, giving clearance for check out
11) Bidding goodbye; thanking the guest for patronage
The front office department in hotel operations is responsible for customer service and maintaining inventories. When they fail at their job the hotel could have disappointed customers.
Front office deals with customers i.e. Receptionist, sales. Back-office supports the imternal operations of the company.
The new trend in the front office department of hotel operations is to make sure check in and out processes and efficient as possible. Also, most hotels would need to make sure the front offices are properly staffed. Proper staffing in the hotel ensures the customers are assisted in a timely manner.
Operations are almost always carried out in the order of their importance to the task at hand.
front office cashier is the person in front office dept. who handles front office cash flow.
A computer program.