== == Most people dont know what they are going to major in. Almost everyone changes majors during college.
44% of college graduates changed their major between the second semester of their freshman year and graduation day.
In the 2008-2009 Bulletin fo San Francisco State University it states that "Most students change their major at least once while attending college." Can anyone provide more specifics?
Their major, or program of study.
Some students arrive at college already knowing what their major will be, and do not change it throughout the course of their collegiate career. Others may start out with one major, only to change course later. The number of times depends solely on the student.
The average college student will change their major two to three times before they graduate. You do not have to declare a major when you first enter college if you do not wish to.
I do not know what you are referring to by bigger. A major is a students primary program of study.
4 out of every 7 college 4-year graduates do not find a job related to their major
If you're talking about an overall percentage of students, from all universities, the number is very low. Law schools though make up a large percentage of schools, around 10%.
Most major credit card companies offer special cards for college students with additional perks. Some examples include Discover's 'Discover It for Students' and Citi's 'Citi Forward for Students'.
Around 20%. (In 2009, 1,601,000 bachelor's degrees were awarded. 348,000 were business degrees. 348000/1601000=0.217.) Source: http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=37
Contact university career services at the college to dtermine how many students apply to medical school, and what percentage are accepted. Is there a program at the university for counseling and guidance for students in preprofessional studies?
It means the student has declared a major to the college or university and has been accepted into the major. There are some students who are non-matriculated and therefore have not declared a major.
Music is a college major. Marketing is a college major. Mechanical engineering is a college major.
70%, while the other 30% are unemployed.
There are not really any worthless degrees. All college degrees can lead to employment. There are some that are more likely to lead to employment than others, because they train students for a career that is in demand at the time.
Prelaw is used as a major by many college students who are planning on attending law school. These students usually go on to become, lawyers,Ê judges, advocates or other court related personnel.
Students everywhere are lookg for ways to get a good education. The website collegegrants.org is a great way to research student college grants. This website tells you what type of college grants students can get and how to get them. It lets you pick your major you are studying and tells your everything you need to know for a college grant.
This would only be true if they wanted to go into nursing in the first place. Not all incoming students are interested in nursing as a major.