Cattle Reproduction

What percentage of heifers in heifer bull calf twins are able to become pregnant?

Answer

User Avatar
Wiki User
07/08/2010

The common rule of thumb is that 10% of heifers born with a twin brother are fertile, leaving only 90% of heifers in a brother-sister twin combination sterile as freemartins or hermaphordites.